Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
98 SF-Toaster
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As of September 29th, I am very happy to announce I am soon going to be finding my way back into a GC8. This one being my second GC8, and fourth Subaru in the past 2 years. Most recently being an 02 WRX. Going from a V2 STi to a bugeye, I found very quickly myself missing the GC8 chassis, so with great help from Spencer Hogg of Boss Imports, I have my very own Version 4 WRX enroute to Canada.

Exterior
  • 406 Light Silver Exterior
  • Version 2 STi Spoiler
  • Clear Fender Lights
  • Clear Front Banana Lights
Engine/Power/Exhaust
  • Apexi Power Intake Panel Filter
  • 3" Fujitusbo Catback
Suspension/Brakes/Wheels
  • 17x7 Sparco Rally Wheels
  • 215/45/17 Dunlop Direzza DZ101 Tires
Interior/Electronics
  • OEM Lamco Boost Gauge
  • Blitz Dual Turbo Timer (removed)
  • Momo Corse Steering Wheel & Hub
  • Alpine INAW900BT
  • Alpine SPR17C 6.5" Components (fronts)
  • B-quiet Ultimate Inner & Outer Front Doors
  • Viper4704 Remote Start
  • Spal Remote Door Lock Actuator
  • Version 2 Kartboy Short Shifter
  • SF5 Shifter Surround

Attachments

·
Registered
98 SF-Toaster
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Something has arrived!

...Unfortunately it is not the car. It is enroute from the Vancouver port and has cleared customs. Doesn't mean I can't be excited because my paperwork for bill of sale/export/registration has arrived.

Documents! by blessthekellen, on Flickr

·
Registered
98 SF-Toaster
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
November 29th, was a great day. Received a phone call at 740am, met downstairs just outside my parking lot to sign over for this:

New Key by blessthekellen, on Flickr

Which started up this:

Fresh off the Truck by blessthekellen, on Flickr

The car is ridiculously clean. Pictures from the dealership really did not do this thing justice. Maybe a little bit has to do with the partner from Japan getting a full detail done on it prior to export:

Clean Car by blessthekellen, on Flickr

Really I have no idea what any of this says, just had to take a picture of it regardless before it gets cleaned off :)

Window Art by blessthekellen, on Flickr

After this process of importing. I really have to say Daishin Trading had quite a quality car here, and I am very ecstatic over it. Out of the previous 5 JDM cars I have owned, this has definitely been the cleanest example. The waiting game was a bit of a pain, but now that it is here, I am very excited to make this GC8 my own.

·
Registered
98 SF-Toaster
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spa day for the wrx.

Thirsty? by blessthekellen, on Flickr

Finally had the opportunity to do a complete fluid changeover for her.
Car is sitting at 82,200 kms and definitely shows. Found a tonne of Japanese Subaru dealer stickers all over the car from previous maintenance that has been done within the past 10,000kms. Kind of a shame I flushed all these fluids out, however I'm glad I did for the simple fact now I know what fluids are in the car.

Car is now on the following:

Rotella T5 0w40 Synthetic
Subaru Blue Oil Filter
Subaru Super Blue Coolant + Conditioner
Motul Gear 75w90 Transmission Fluid
Motul Gear 300 75w90 Rear Diff. Fluid

·
Registered
2001 BRP 2.5rs
1,206 Posts
Nice import. So not fair, I don't see why America can't have the 15 year law, instead of the 25 year. Effing BS.

Keep her clean! What are your plans?

·
Registered
98 SF-Toaster
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice import. So not fair, I don't see why America can't have the 15 year law, instead of the 25 year. Effing BS.

Keep her clean! What are your plans?
Just imagine next year when all the 89's become legal though! The US is going to be swarmed with right hand drive.

Main plans for this one is clean and reliable. Big reason is because it is my daily driver. Once she solely becomes a fun vehicle is when I'll go deeper into the project mode.

I really like those wheels man, sub'd for a fellow Canadian.
Thanks muchly my man. At first I thought I would be replacing the wheels as soon as it landed, however they really have grown on me and I quite enjoy them. I still may be replacing them...but more news on that later!

This week was fun for stock piling parts once again. Few other pieces still need to show up, but here is a peek of what I have received thus far.

Deep Breath by blessthekellen, on Flickr

I wanted to keep the stock air box for appearance reasons, and had nothing but good things to say about the Apexi cone filters I have used in the past, so I figured why not go with the Apexi panel filter.

6 speed white, what? by blessthekellen, on Flickr

Box seems a little so small to pack a six speed transmission in it, doesn't it?

Anarchy/Forman by blessthekellen, on Flickr

Okay, that makes more sense! I went with the six speed style shift knob, because I personally am not a fan of how most 5 speed shift knobs look with the lip for the boot. I will be taking care of mounting when my other parts arrive. The quality on this shift knob is incredible, the best part... 1.47 lbs! This is my first weighted shift knob and from what I can see by just picking it up, its going to make for a very different driving experience. Huge thanks to Anarchy Motive & Forman Performance for such a quality product.

Bright/Flaps/Bling by blessthekellen, on Flickr

Rallytech mudflaps thanks to ironbridge, LED lighting to replace map lights/dome lights/trunk light/licence plate lighting, then a lanyard from a local subaru forum here in western Canada. Will post a more thorough review on the rallytech mudflaps once I install (hopefully this weekend).

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
01 2.5RS
2,115 Posts
Nice man, love it all. Did you talk to Vim from Forman? Very cool people there, they are local and are the only ones that touch my car.

·
Registered
98 SF-Toaster
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice man, love it all. Did you talk to Vim from Forman? Very cool people there, they are local and are the only ones that touch my car.

Definitely did! Vim was awesome. Quick contact throughout and updates on shipping. Wish I had a rad local shop like them around my hometown.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts