Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
'96 OBS
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Pretty good update. Wheels are on and I'm super pumped. The rear has to come up a bit and I need to add a tad bit more camber but then I should be golden. The front is spot on I just need to re-roll the fenders. The color of the wheels is still up in the air but they'll come off over winter so I can powder coat them and order new tires. Also, ordered a test pipe and the rest of the stuff I needed to fix my exhaust.

To do:
Fix my exhaust
Figure out center caps
Install Side Skirts
Inspection
Drive it until winter and fix everything else

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Coupe
1,207 Posts
Loving the new wheels! You need a wing asap :p
For the center caps you ever heard of using knockout plugs from a hardware store?

·
Registered
'96 OBS
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Never thought about it, it would have to be small enough. I guess I could measure the center and figure it out.

·
Registered
'96 OBS
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Adjusted my rear camber tonight. Still at less than -2 degrees. The front has to come down but I ran out of time and daylight.

·
Registered
'96 OBS
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Just to keep things fresh here's my "to-do" list:
-Paint/Body work
-Alternator/Starter/Power steering pump/Radiator
-Rotors/Pads
-New axles all around
-rear diff gasket/bushings
-tires
-Interior work

·
Registered
'96 OBS
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Two steps forward one step back. Got my Tsudo test pipe in, took forever to take off the oem crap. Test pipe bolted right in no problem. Bolted up my mid pipe and it's off by about 4 inches from the rear hanger. Muscled it in to place after loosening some bolts and got it on the hanger but still something isn't right.

·
Registered
'96 OBS
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Finally got all four wheels on. Some minor adjustments and it will be perfect (for me at least). Needs Side skirts a ton of body work yet.

·
Registered
'96 OBS
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Updates.

Picked up a well used ej25. Spun bearing but can't beat free. Going to slowly gather parts and build a fun N/A car I can beat the hell out of. Also, swap from auto to manual. Might as well lol

Buying back the BBS I sold a few months ago at the end of the month. Manages to score a cheap set of steelies for winter wheels so I can powder coat the Works and BBS and get the proper tires for them as well.

A lot of misc. and general maintenance stuff to do, but it's cold and I'm broke which means I'm lacking motivation. I'll get there.

OH, managed to score a decent pair of reclining bucket seats and a decently used sparco steering wheel.

Also, still trying to figure out stuff to delete/remove from the engine bay. Started with the A/C unit. That's about as far as I got. haha.

·
Registered
'96 OBS
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Not much has happened. Ordered rear camber plates today, a lighting set up I'm pretty pumped to try out. Also ordered new pads, rotors, ALL new fluids and power steering pump. Picked up an exhaust as well for cheap.

Still need to order a quick release/hub adapter set up. After that just have to track down the mirrors i want then that should actually be it for the car.

Oh, I also scored these.

41 - 60 of 116 Posts