Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an 05 Impreza 2.5 RS Sedan that I bought in 07. It is in great shape and has less than 100K miles. I am thinking about selling it, but am unsure... I am thinking I should maybe hang on to it. Thoughts on it being a "collectors item" one day?

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
552 Posts
It will never be a collectors item. You’re due for about $1800 in service with timing components and water pump due at 105k. Head gaskets often go around 120k.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
146 Posts
Agreed...not gonna be a collector's item. If you're mechanically inclined and have access to a decent workspace and tools, you might be able to do the maintenance work yourself for about half the cost of what careercadaver cited, however, all routine maintenance items, including struts, mounts, timing, water pump, thermostat, main seals, HG and seals, clutch, flywheel, most likely tie rods, possibly ball joints, and fluids are gonna be labor intensive. All of these wear items are fast approaching, assuming none of them have already been addressed recently.

·
Registered
00 RS cpe, 01 RS cpe, 05 3.0 R
104 Posts
Back in the `70s nobody thought air cooled Beetles, Bus`s would be collector items, check out the prices now. More a matter of how long you hold onto it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts