Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Impreza 2.5i hatch
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have a 2008 Impreza 2.5i. And I'm very happy with it. I just really like the idea of the new Subaru coupe that supposed to be coming out in 2011. So, should I keep modding my 2.5i, which would eventually include a Raptor Supercharger Kit, or should I save that $5,000, plus all the other cash I would have spent modding my car (less the tires and rear sway bar I want) and just put the cash into my savings account, and then trade in my 2.5i and hopefully pay for most, if not all, of the coupe up front when they come out in 2011. I'd get the most hopped up version they offered, or at least try to.

Just looking for opinions, please, from people who have bought and saved and traded in cars before. I'm rather new to all of this.

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
If that's what you really want, then I say save for that. However, the coupe is still speculation, so just be aware that you'd be saving for a pipe dream, at least for now. :)

Alternatively you could sell your car and pick up an '09 WRX....

·
Registered
1999 Rally Bluuuuuu
1,361 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't throw all that money into heavily modifing a brand new car. I'd say keep your car as it is and save up for something nicer down the road... or if you must have something 'faster' then just get yourself a WRX or STI now.

If you like the idea of the coupe, just wait for it and save your money. You'll be much happier down the road when you won't have a huge car payment, and it will be much easier to sell your car in stock form than with a supercharger on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts