Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone live there or been there?

I got an email asking me to do a phone interview with a fairly prominent company, and the job I applied for looks promising. I applied on wednesday, and they emailed me on friday.

Was wondering if a person like me would like living there...

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
i drove through there a few times....looks like and amazing city. which state/side of KC would you be in? cuase i heard one side is really bad ass, and the other is kinda...well....ghetto-fied..:lol:

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as for which side, this company is located on the KS side... in the merriam area, I think.

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
My best friend lives in Overland Park, I think it is? He loves it there. We grew up together in NH. He lived in Brooklyn for a couple years, at art school. Then he went to Albany, NY for several years, then to Massachusetts. Then to Kansas, a couple years back.

He positively loves it. I haven't made it out, yet. My wife went to grad school in Davenport, IA, which is obviously further north but she loved it there. A very cool city, which unfortunately is surrounded by nothing but thousands of miles of corn, but.... a very fun city indeed. :D

The midwest is really pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Siper2, sounds very cool. I googled up KC and it does sound like they have plenty of things to do despite being in the middle of the flat corn plains (I drove through it, and driving through kansas is B-O-R-I-N-G)... also they have science and culture stuff going on around there, too.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I was concerned that KC is too conservative for me, but from you guys it doesn't sound like it. I'm not one of those raging bleeding heart big government liberals, yet I got no love for bush. I do want to live in a progressive city with a minimal evangelist population, but WITHOUT the smug attitude and the politics already rampant in DC.

After doing some thinking... I may actually not want to come back to Denver (I'm moving back to DC in 2 weeks). Although people here are MUCH more friendly than DC, it's still hard to find a woman to date because there's more men than women in this city and women marry relatively early (mid-20s on average). I'd very much like to take another city for a "test drive."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts