Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
LSTI in progress.
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #149 (Edited)
JDM 6 Speed

So my wrx transmission decided to break 2nd gear so I ordered a JDM Type RA 6 speed from Japan. Its non dccd as I didn't have the money nor the time to worry about that but it has the suretrac lsd in it which is actually really cool. It makes the driving characteristics so that the more gas you give in the corners the more grip you get. That way if you modulate well you can pull through quickly.

So instead of sourcing all the stuff needed for an R180 swap I used one of the two early legacy turbo viscous diffs. For the uninitiated these diffs are better than the newer viscous diffs. The insides of them are really cool. Twice the number of spider gears.

So I went with one of these and instead of messing with my bushings in the rear crossmember I just ordered the sweet Beatrush Diff Support for the GC. Here you can see its glory. I also got some lockdown bolts for free from a friend as well.

If you have an r160 diff you have questions with pm me and i can help you.

·
Registered
LSTI in progress.
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
I also want to give a shout out to 2pot for hooking me up with a set of P11L springs and helping me get them dialed in. He recently sent me some new bump stops for the front so I can try and get it to be a little softer there. I will be installing those as soon as the weather gets a bit better because its cold and snowy here and i dont have a garage.

·
Registered
LSTI in progress.
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #153 (Edited)
WCCC Led Lights

So I got these sweet plasma LED lights from west coast custom cougar. They are custom made to order for the old mercury cougars but we use the same bulb type in our brake lights and they fit really good.

Here is the link.

plasma led white

I got the red ones for my brake lights.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,733 Posts
That seems nice and bright. I got some LEDs for the tail/brake and they are pretty dim as tail lights. Brake lights are bright as all get out though. Are these pictures just tails or with the brake applied?

·
Registered
LSTI in progress.
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
That seems nice and bright. I got some LEDs for the tail/brake and they are pretty dim as tail lights. Brake lights are bright as all get out though. Are these pictures just tails or with the brake applied?
Without. They are so damn bright. I researched for a long time. They had cool videos for these on the Internet. Wccc had really good customer service too.

141 - 160 of 207 Posts