Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
LSTI in progress.
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Yeah I've got a new steering rack ready to go in, a rs shifter assembly and a new power steering pump. Just need to find the time on top of all the other shit I am doing.

·
Registered
LSTI in progress.
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
needs moar boost :)
Yeah I really do want to do a wrx swap I just don't have the money for it right now and no one wants to give me an engine lol.

To tell you the truth, a turbo isn't going to help you much on the road I was on. It would help you fly off it faster and that is about it. Its plenty steep to get enough speed and narrow as fuck, one car road.

·
Registered
LSTI in progress.
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Been a while since I posted so here is what I have been up to.

Complete WRX brake and rotor swap. Also put in a SVX master cylinder. My stopping power is now ridiculous.

·
Registered
LSTI in progress.
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
WRX Seat

Here you can see the wrx seat I rebuilt from what was before two seat not in great shape. The foam and fabric has all been torn down and rebuilt into a perfect drivers seat. It sat higher than I liked so I took off the rails and put on legacy rails dropping the ride height down to RS levels. Had to fashion a custom cover for the sides as the one I had did not come with it.

·
Registered
LSTI in progress.
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Cut off the bullshit frozen bolts on the rear lateral links and replaced both links with ones with flanges. I then added a fatty legacy turbo sway bar which required retapping the holes for the brackets and drilling out the rubber which holds the sway in the brackets.

·
Registered
LSTI in progress.
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Put in carpet from an 05 WRX. I cleaned the **** out of it before it went in so it was almost perfect. Seller threw in some mats that I now use for winter. You can see a gap as the cut wasn't lined up perfectly but I figured out a way to fix that by stretching the carpet and tacking it down on the sides. It is fixed on the passenger side but I have yet to apply the fix to the drivers side.

·
Registered
LSTI in progress.
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Put in WRX rear seats. I tried doing it the way that was shown on these forums but I wasn't happy with the results so I figured out my own trick. As you can see it fits pretty damn well except for a small gap on either side. It seems the GC chassis is a tiny bit wider than the newer imprezas. I ended up drilling a second hole for the center brackets on the upper cushion so that it would lay perfectly flat. I tapped the hole and now it fits perfect.

·
Registered
LSTI in progress.
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Those rubber caps on the car come off and expose the tapped holes. What all did you do silly goose?

Should be simple bolt on. Beside the fact you got another car's sway on here... sell it and get a real one :p
Holes were rusted out. bolts wouldn't hold. I got the bar for free so I'm not sweating it. gonna get a whiteline one eventually.

Sent from hell using Xperia-S(atan)

81 - 100 of 207 Posts