Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1997 OBS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking VERY hard on rs25.com for over 6 months now, and figured its time for me to ask a question.

So i wanted to plop a k&n panel filter in my 97 impreza outback 2.2l but the k&n site shows no listings for that year(?)

the next closest year it shows is 1999 for the 2.2l, and there are two options, for they are different sizes. I measured my filter i have in there currently and it is the same width as one of the choices but not the same height, and possibly not the same length.

i know this is not an impossible task because i've seen people list their '97 2.2l wagons having the k&n's in them.

the Subaru game is a growing knowledge for me, so i need the rs25 family to help the knowledge grow!

·
Registered
1997 OBS
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and i DID search, because i'm sure this could be a noob question, but i couldnt find anything :help:

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
79 Posts
Same Problem With My 98 Rs; Help...

I have the same problem with my 98 2.5 RS. Went to Advanced Auto Parts to pick up a K&N panel replacement and they said K&N does not make one for my car. I know this isn't the case so looked on the internet & still could not find one??? Does anyone know the part # or where I can get one?

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
I bought one for my impreza 2 years ago. I just used the one that was for the 2.2L legacy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts