Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
05' Impreza 2.5rs, CGM
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there everyone... In case you haven't realized it yet, my name is Justin. (See user name! :lol: ) This is my member journal about my 05' 2.5RS

History: So I got my car on Presidents Day of 2007. I bought it from Subaru of Santa Monica in LA. I looked and did research on my car for about 6 months before we pulled the trigger and found the car. So after looking on Auto Trader for quite some time, I finally found my car that I own now. After 2 days of negotiations, and plenty of battling with the Dealership, we finally walked out with my car at the price I wanted. It had just over 9k miles on it and we bought it for $17,500 out the door! Pretty fair price from the dealership with that low of miles on it.

Here's a picture of the car when it was completely stock:

Here's how the car is sitting now:

Mod List

Exterior
- Prodrive P1 wheels w/ Nexen N3000 tires (changing the tires after they ware out a bit more)
- Rally Armor Mud Flaps
- Subaru Rally Pigs
- RS25.com Sticker :p
- Tyler Slack Memorial Sticker

Interior
- iPod FM transmitter! :lol:

Engine
- Stromung Single Tip
- Borla Rep. UEL Header

Suspension
- ISC N1 Coilover (Sport/Street Spring Rate)

Future Mods:
- FSB and RSB adjustable
- Strut Braces
- Better Tires
- Hella Supertones
- Debating on getting Supers Cali Legal HFC
- CAI

This is what I've got so far. I'm also open to other mods to the car, so bring on the suggestions.

Thanks for looking everyone! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to POST!!! :D

-Justin

Attachments

·
Registered
05' Impreza 2.5rs, CGM
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea man... I love em'!

I scored and picked them up from a member on NASIOC for 500 picked up in Long Beach. it was a total SCORE!

·
Registered
05' Impreza 2.5rs, CGM
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what mods do you have done to your car? I'm sure you have some sort of suspension done to it. thats next for me when I get more money!

·
Registered
2005 2.5rs sport wagon
16 Posts
Beatuiful car my man, the "peanut" front end is easily the best looking grill out there :hydrogen: I'm really diggin the wheels too. What is your frist suspension upgrade going to be? i think i'd like to start with the sway kit seems to get the best response from users, and its cheap enough on the SPT website just under $90 bones. Beats the Rallytech at 280, I wonder if its that much better for the price difference....

"I swear I'm gonna pistol whip the next guy that says 'shannanagins'"

·
Registered
05' Impreza 2.5rs, CGM
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey man.. Thanks for the compliments!!! As far as suspension mods go. I'd like to do a RSB... I may do that first, just to stiffen things up a bit. After that, I plan on either going with struts and springs, or coils. I haven't quite decided yet.

So a little update. Today I went over to JWalkers house and we decided that it would be a good idea to do the JDM tail light mod to my tail lights. It was a really simple mod and definitely gives the back of the car a different personality! LOL

I'll try to get some pictures posted up soon.

·
Registered
05' Impreza 2.5rs, CGM
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So here are the photos of my exhaust with before and after shots...

Just got to my house!! Time to install

Here's the old exhaust when its off the car.

Side by side comparison shots

And now its finally on. Let the good sound begin!

I've had my exhaust now for about a year or so. I'm really happy with it. It sounds great, it doesn't drone, has a full sound, but not too loud. I'd love to get a HFC to really make it a bit deeper sounding, but for the time being and living in CA, I don't want to get busted for exhaust. That would be a pain in the ass. As far as the headers go, I didn't get any photos of the headers, but who doesn't know what subaru headers look like! :lol: I went with the Borla replica headers from ebay, and they couldn't be any better. I'm extremely happy with the headers and the headers combined with the stromung is a perfect combo, IMO.

(Please note that I'm a little behind on keeping my Journal up to date. All these photos are pretty old. I'm going to start keeping it more up to date so I can show my scoob off! haha)

·
serenity now
AW 99 2.5rs, LRP 11 wrx
4,124 Posts
how are the street springs my track springs are kicking my ass lol girls wont ride with me because it makes their boobs hurt lol

·
Registered
05' Impreza 2.5rs, CGM
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Sorry it too me soo long to update this!!!!

The ISC Coilovers looks really good. I hope you do a write up soon.
write up coming today. bored in class. its a perfect time! :lol:

how are the street springs my track springs are kicking my ass lol girls wont ride with me because it makes their boobs hurt lol
they are nice. my girlfriend doesn't mind them at all. its a little more rough, but not bad at all. they won't break your back like really stiff coils. I almost went with the track springs myself, but decided against it! HAHAHA

so you got coilovers? pics or it didn't happen.

nice exhaust.
thanks. i did get them. here are pictars!

·
Registered
05' Impreza 2.5rs, CGM
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
What we have been waiting for... Finally. ISC Coilovers!

Okay guys and gals.

So it has been a long time coming, but I finally bit the bullet and bought myself some of the ISC N1 Coilovers from AJW Performance here on the boards. I'd first like to start off by saying that Andrew from AJW Performance was very helpful and was also very willing to keep us updated on the status of our order. I know I wasn't the only one that was excited to get them, so again... THANKS a ton Andrew. You were awesome the entire way through!

Okay, so on to the fun. Review:

The ISC N1 Coilover is on the cheaper end of the coilover market, IMO, they feel like they belong in the higher end of the market! I've been in countless subarus with coilovers and they all feel the same as the ISC coils. They look great, drive great, feel great, and the car is a whole new animal.

Now that the springs are starting to settle a bit, they are starting to feel a bit softer than they were when I first put them on the car. As far as a drop is concerned, I have set my car up with a 2 finger gap in the front and about a finger and a half in the back. It sits nicely and isn't monster truckin' anymore! Setting up the ride height adjustment is very simple. Works the exact way that it does with any other coilover. JUST MAKE SURE THE MEASUREMENTS ARE THE SAME!!!

The coils have a 32 way dampening adjustment on the top of the coil. You can go really stiff or really soft with the coils. For myself, i didn't even touch the dampening. The dampening comes out of the box in the middle of the dampening spectrum, so I left it at that. I'll definitely stiffen it up for the mountain runs.

After getting the coils put on, I took my car out to Rush Motorsport in Santee here in San Diego. They were able to do a full alignment with a printout with what was done to my car. Unfortunately I don't have that printout right now but I'll update later on to get it posted so you all can see what my toe, caimber, and caster is set at. :) The alignment was 100 bucks and I also had them raise my car up half inch all around because it was rubbing on the fender liner. Also, my battery died on the lift so I got a new battery put in my car. Bought a AC Delco battery from them for 89 bucks and I can definitely tell my car was overdue on the battery! :lol:

Overall, I'm definitely stoked with my purchase. I will update my review as I drive on them for longer than 2 weeks. When I do a twisties run, I'll update because I'll really get to the nitty gritty with the suspension and let you all know how they were!

Funny thing happened, when I was at work, the coils got delivered. Shortly there after, I get a phone call from my dad wondering what the hell a 58lb. box was doing on our doorstep with my name on it! I just laughed and then told him when I got home. After coming home, I opened the box and took them out to show my parents. They were curious and used the "are these go fast parts" questions... Funny enough I told them yes and no. They were stoked with the purchase because they could tell I was really excited about them. (I let my mom drive my car and she had a grin on her face from ear to ear on the twisties... She even drives a 550i BMW and she said it was "almost" as fun as her car!!! :lol: )

So anyways!

Here are a couple pics of the box and what they look like in the box. (I completely forgot to get instal photos because I was so excited to get them on the car. Completely apologize for this, but oh well we all know how coilovers go on! *I didn't at first but now I do!*)

Here's the box:

What they look like out of the box:

A little closer for those "pics or it didn't happen" folk out there! ;)

And now the last picture of my car that I took before the instal. I took this after work on the Saturday before I did the instal. I am definitely not gonna miss monster trucking it around town!

Now for some better pictures with the Before and after look as well as some driving photos that were taken by Matt! Thanks again for the photos my friend! (These are not shitty phone pics like the ones above)

Before:

After:

And this photo below was taken from my drive that I took back in October or November with Matt (2.5rsMatt) and Vic (Subewgn). We took a trip out to the Salton Sea which is, for those that don't know, an abandoned sea that is pretty much dead from poison run off from surrounding fields and such. It used to be inhabited by people, but driving around the area now its like a ghost town. Its pretty cool!!!

Before

After (not salton sea... just a pic from our last meet!)

Alright well that's all I have for now. The car is really dirty right now so in those after pics, its filthy. I'll have to get the Scoob cleaned up and then get a couple better photos. Also as time progresses, I will update more with my reviews to let you all know how they are.

(moved my mod list to the first post)

I'm always open for any suggestions on mods that I can do that will benefit my car as well as give me more fun! :)

·
Registered
05' Impreza 2.5rs, CGM
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea... Battle wound from 3 years ago. Never got around to fixing it because the dent is creased and that means it needs to blend the paint into the trunk and door. I'm eventually gonna get the car resprayed because before the dent even happend the trunk got keyed. One line from the left to right, right above where it said SUBARU

·
Premium Member
2.5RS
8,443 Posts
Yea, I know all about dents in horrible spots, I got one of my pass door, its the size of a softball argh!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts