Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like a newbie poser doing this , but its so damn nice to get away from all the wrx talk :devil:
nothing here but good looking cars .
zaidoun

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its been like three days and I don't see any wrx guys posting their famous :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I just hate it when it's overused , its so great to be here .
well guys in about a month or so a new kinda terror will be unleashed on the street of dallas. The last time my car was running and beating on other cars was about a year ago , and even then it was running low 13's . Now hopefully that tranny holds up and I'll make you guys proud .
zaidoun

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
Did you get that kit from the guy in Houston yet? Did Rick end up bringing it to you? Good to see more old skoolers gettin' back to basics here...;)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Bohanan said:
Yeah! What he said!! :biggest:

Adam

:nuetron:
What you talkin' bout Bohanan?!

Where ya been?:confused:

·
Registered
I'M DEBT FREE!!
66 Posts
Dude!!

Just saying welcome to Zaidallas too!

Things have been a little busy around here over the last month or so.

Stacie graduated at the first of May. We had friends in town for the graduation, or I may have been able to make it to the last race.

Work has kept me busy too. We've been going through a data managment system conversion and the transition isn't as easy as some have hoped.

I was on vacation last week. Stacie and I headed to Disney World for 5 days. It was a combo graduation gift/anniversary gift. We had a blast, but it's good to be home.

So, how are things? What's Cat been up to?

Adam

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Not much, we've just been commenting about how you disappeared. Sounds like Disney was fun. I need to go back, it's been too long...

Cat is doing well, got a new job and seems to like it better than the last one...

Hope to see you June 2nd...

If you guys aren't busy this weekend, we will be hanging out Saturday night at Maxwell's pub. It's at W Alabama and Shephard. $2.50 any beer or wine in the House...:D

Check you later...

Rob

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DanzBorin : I ended up going down there myself and my wife , picked up the kit and took some time off away from dallas after a long semester , it was fun . thanks for you offer to help tho .
zaidoun

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
zaidallas said:
DanzBorin : I ended up going down there myself and my wife , picked up the kit and took some time off away from dallas after a long semester , it was fun . thanks for you offer to help tho .
zaidoun
No problem.;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:eek: that's turbo AWD isn't it ? damn I heard those cars with a turbo upgrade and stock engine can kick some serious ass .
I want one
zaidoun

·
Registered
I'M DEBT FREE!!
66 Posts
That's sweet!!

OMG!! I'd love to get into a Syclone or Typhoon. The one Syclone I test drove about made me wet myself. I was so giddy with excitement! Not to mention the rush from the power. Ow. I hurt myself everytime I think about it. :drool:

They were factory rated at about 280 hp/320 ft-lb.s, but many stock ones were dynoed at closer to 300-320 hp. There are plenty of 12 second daily drivers out there.

Wish the wife would understand my long time desire. I'd love to have the RS for the daily driver and the Syclone (or Typhoon) as the weekend kick-a-WRX-or-V8-butt vehicle.

Adam

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Yeah, that thing is a blast. We took it out last night and just had to laugh. Some chicks in a 1990-something Acura rolled up on us at the light. They were kinda ugly, and the light changed so they floored it. I just kinda dropped back. At about 10mph the turbo kicked it so I floored it. We were so gone! I only went to 40mph (speed limit) and then let off.

So at the very next light, they roll up again. And this time she's revving her motor!!! :rolleyes: So I do a brake stand, get some boost, and when the light changes green I take my foot off the brake. We were across the intersection before she was across the first crosswalk! :lol: Again, I chilled at the speed limit.

Some other chick in a Dodge Daytona (I think - that old 2 door coupe thing, think it's turbo) decided she could take me. Same story - across the intersection before she got across the line. I slowed at the limit, but I guess she thought she "beat" me because they went FLYING by - like 60 in a 30 zone. Anyway, the police department was 2 blocks up and so I suspect she got a nansty surprise - there were cops everywhere when we went by.

And yeah, I love my Ty! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts