Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Impreza 2.5 RS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up guys. I jusy joined this site and recently bought a stock 2003 Subaru 2.5 RS. Its in pretty decent shape for being a northeast car. It has 143k on it. The timing belt / water pump was just done. Also new head gaskets- felpro, exhaust manifold gaskets and intake manifold gaskets. Oh, and new pads and rotors in the front. Are there any other main things that I should check on to make sure that my car is in good running order. I plan on making this an all motor car, don't really plan on doing any turbos or anything like that what can I do to get the most power without removing myself from the N/A category.... Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Can't suggest anything as I am a newbie to the car world, but thought I'd welcome you! Everyone has been nice to me here

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
and whatever you do, don't ask what the button on top of the steering column does. or why your parking lights are on.

·
Registered
2002, Impreza 2.5RS, PSM
422 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Please start here:
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f106/t80104-budget-build-faq.html

Also check out some members journals (you'll get a good idea of which mods usually get done first). These are all cars that have the GD chassis code like yours so if you see something you want to do/try later on you'll know who you can ask, or what parts were used.
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t164017-gd-2002-2007-2-5rs-i-directory.html

Also, as with many other forums, always please remember to use the search function, if you cannot find a suitable answer to your question, then create a thread to ask.

·
Registered
2003 Impreza 2.5 RS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. I actually already have a cobb intake on it. The next thing I want to do is get an exhaust. I have a stock 2003 wrx exhaust from the cat back, so midpipe and axle back. It isn't on yet. I looked up some info on it and I know I have to extend the pipe by like four inches and then turn the flange where the midpipe connects to the cat. Does anyone have this done on theirs. how does it sound. Do you actually get any power or throttle response, or would I be better off getting a new exhaust. If I do I should go with 2.25 inch tubing anyway right or 2.5 at the most. Anything more messes with the backpressure right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts