Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ImprezaRS2.5 Coupe White
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Two and half months of waiting I finnaly got my Brullen Cat Back system. The craftsmanship is execelent. The way it was packed for shipping was a bit poor as it was missing a nut but a trip to the parts store and all is good.

I still have to reset the ECU to get better effect on performace. I don't have a digital camera so not pictures.

·
Registered
190 Posts
tbradshaw...Which version did you get. I just put the "quiet" version with a resonator on my '02 RS. I only drove it home but so far I'm not sure if I will keep it. :rolleyes: I like the tonal quality but it is just a touch to loud. Maybe I am just to old. I'm going to give it a week and see how I feel. Might be for sale real soon. :checkit:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went throught Larry Ganz www.imprezars.com to get mine.

I ordered the Meduim sound with resonater I like the sound it is a little loud but at crusing speed on the freeway it is not bad at all. I am also alittle old but still like the sound.

:D

·
Registered
R35/BO, XE30/AS, V37/MW
111 Posts
woah, Larry told me before it will take approx. 21 days to get to my door?!

Oh well, I ordered it from iON Performance... so I hope it will pack better and come sooner.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Totally worth the wait, eh. :cool:
If you haven't already, you might consider getting some heavy-duty hangers (Kartboy or Cobb). I've found just two on the canister is sufficient, while using the stocker for the mid-pipe ... they really help keep the extra weight of the Brullen better behaved. Worth the cost of $7-10 each, IMO.

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
I got mine from Larry also. I got the quiet and it's almost perfect sound level. I still can hear my intake and other noises. If it's to loud at first it only gets louder. I couldn't imagine having the medium I would go tone deaf after a while. I would recommend the Brullen to anyone. I get a lot of compliments from non Subaru people on it.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put new hangers in the muffler but not on the midpipe when I installed it. Seems to be working great.

Quick question for those that have installed an exhaust system did anybody reset the ECU after the install and will this help?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Resetting the ECU won't do anything for the noise level, but should improve your fuel economy. Since the system's dynamics are different, ECU needs to re-learn. So resetting just speeds up the process.

As far as noise levels, I too got the "quiet" version of Brullen's cat-back. It's louder than I expected. I just recently installed Brullen's headers as well, so I have the complete Brullen exhaust package. Overall, the sound is much quieter than with just the cat-back. And you definately feel the difference in the performance! WOW!

The only complaint I have right now, is Brullen screwed up and didn't ship me a small electronics part that goes on the rear O2 sensor and I'm getting a CE light. The part was supposedly shipped over 4 weeks ago and I still haven't seen it! They supposedly re-shipped it again last week, so we'll see if this one turns up. So right now, I'm happy with the product, not too happy with the service. :curse:

Slim,

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
The Quiet dual-tip Brullen is what I'll most likely end up with, one of these days. Like it a lot.

And yes, definitely opt for Kartboy or Cobb exhaust hangars. Though of course I'd prefer to recommend Kartboy, since theirs are cheaper and they're a smaller company. :D

-S2-

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
I went with the entire Brullen setup, headers on back, and I've loved it so far. I have the medium level, and all in all it doesn't seem that bad. Course, that might just be because I'm a youngin'. ;) :rolleyes: :cool: Though I'd really like to see what the "loud" is considered to be like, as my intake at WOT is louder than the exhaust. I'm very happy with the system, I've put a couple of thousand miles on it since I installed it, and only had 1 CEL for cat efficiency. Otherwise, I've been fine.

AJ

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's been almost 7 weeks and I still have NOT received my missing part from Brullen. I am really frustrated with them, and I not sure what to do.

You would think that after a customer has purchased not only a cat-back exhaust and a header from them, that I would get a little better service than this. That part should be sent registered mail, or via FedEx, overnight or 2nd day air. But I guess I can spend over $1200 dollars on a header, but they can't spend anymore on better customer service.

Any suggestions?

Slim,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Subaru upgrade exhaust

Any of you guys heard anything on Subaru's upgrade mufflers? They say that Brospeed makes them for them. Very reasonable at $375 but can't find any feedback or even claims from Subaru on what they do for performance. Lew

1 - 13 of 13 Posts