Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if you guys have heard about autoearth or not but I was just browsing the net to see the difference between V5 and V6 wings and I came upon their site. I mean...it seems like the average price for a replica V5 wing is like $320-$350 from the vendors mentioned on these boards. However, I manage to get mine from autoearth for about $238 and $72 for shipping.

The quality is good and it comes with all the mounting equipment and brake lights. Well...I'm going to have it painted this weekend and then install it. I guess I can post pics...but there are already enough pics of the GC8 with the V5 wing.

Oh they also sell the V4 wing for those people that wants those.

http://www.autoearth.com/SpoilerSubaru.asp

Ben

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
that's a good price. does it come with a clear led brake light or red brake light?

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
most likely fiberglass, i would almost bet on it...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, the wing is fiberglass but the quality is pretty good. Looks like it was made in Hong Kong (they do have lots of GC8 WRXs there). It comes with all mounting equipment (plenty of those neat T tabs, bolts and stuff). And it comes with the red brake light.

I'm waiting till after New Years to get it painted, then I'll install the wing myself. Doesn't look too hard...drill a hole there and here and it should be good. lol Posts pics when I'm done

Ben

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
asusimpreza said:
I'm waiting till after New Years to get it painted, then I'll install the wing myself. Doesn't look too hard...drill a hole there and here and it should be good. lol Posts pics when I'm done

Ben
I just installed mine, using only stock mounting points... lots of other folks have done this too...;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really? There are basically only 2 mounting points right? Are you sure that is strong enough to hold a fiberglass wing? I've heard horror stories where the wings just being torn off by punks or flying off during high speeds.

Actually does anyone have any instructions on how to install these wings? Thanks so much

Ben

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
asusimpreza said:
Really? There are basically only 2 mounting points right? Are you sure that is strong enough to hold a fiberglass wing? I've heard horror stories where the wings just being torn off by punks or flying off during high speeds.

Actually does anyone have any instructions on how to install these wings? Thanks so much

Ben
tons of folks have them on with 2 bolts...

i had to make my own instructions, bought it used...

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
erm... OEM wings are held on with 4 stock bolt holes...

and i wouldnt recommend installing with just 2 of the 4...
you're wing will fly off on the FWY... :D

open the trunk and study where the wing is connected...
you're sure to find all 4 holes....
2 of them have protective knobs covering them...

good luck
Jamie
www.subiegalracing.com

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
where can i find a clear brake light for these spoilers?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Subie Gal said:
erm... OEM wings are held on with 4 stock bolt holes...

and i wouldnt recommend installing with just 2 of the 4...
you're wing will fly off on the FWY... :D

open the trunk and study where the wing is connected...
you're sure to find all 4 holes....
2 of them have protective knobs covering them...

good luck
Jamie
www.subiegalracing.com
i meant 2 on each side, yes i know about the knobs...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Knobs? eehhh

Gosh, you're right!! Under the knobs are another set of bolts. Thanks for squaring me away Jamie!!

Oh and I found out who makes the wing. Polyshine does and they have a website (though it's pretty simple). http://www.polyshineauto.com/

So JZ oo7, you can visit their website and give them a call. Perhaps they will have the clear 3rd brake light. If they do, I'll probably order one too if I ever go for that "clean" look.

Ben

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
DoorKnob said:
Yup, I want to third the request for a clear but red (when on) brake light.
mine came with it...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Deznuts05 said:
Would anyone know if this wing actually works???
yes, it sits there just like every other wing on a $20k sporty like car...

no wing will help unless you are going way fast...

if you happen to be, then yes it is functional...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well I guess I meant to say... is it on any kind of angle... I understand the Moo Cho speed + degree in slop = Downforece

I just like versitiliy over looks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts