Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1999, 2.5 RSTi, RBP
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I had a little adventure today in the off roading world. pictures to come of my war wounds...lets just say baby trees 1 me 0. BTW anyone have a 99 RBP bumper, lol. Also any type of metal shop able to repair a rally innovations light bar :(.

I learn a very good lesson in how not to over correct the car while dorifting around a small turn.

I know I know :flame:

·
Registered
00' & 01' 2.5 RS sedans
191 Posts
i'd say buy a cheap L and use it for wheeling thats what i did! never once got it stuck!

·
Registered
00' & 01' 2.5 RS sedans
191 Posts
your front bumper isnt too bad, but that lightbar is hurtin, you might just wanna buy a new one or bring that one to a local fabrication shop and have them make you one

·
Registered
1999, 2.5 RSTi, RBP
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your front bumper isnt too bad, but that lightbar is hurtin, you might just wanna buy a new one or bring that one to a local fabrication shop and have them make you one
Yeah the light bar is $239 with out shipping and I got it on the car when I purchased it. When I have any extra money towards something like that then I will buy another one. The bumper isn't too bad and I thought it would actually be worse than it was.

Tomorrow when I go to work I will go out on that tank trail again to take pictures of the fallen trees. I think I actually won the battle with the trees but they got my wallet where it hurts.

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
Just think what your bumper woulda looked like without the bar there, lol.

·
Registered
1999, 2.5 RSTi, RBP
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah I know the bumper would be done for, along with the radiator and probably even the bumper beam. I wasn't even going that fast but I threw it side ways and then over corrected more than once. I got traction faster than I thought I would after drifting. now I know that AWD is not for drifting. I'm now grounded my mom I mean wife is all pissed at me for taking my car down a tank trail.

·
Registered
1999, 2.5 RSTi, RBP
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2002, Impreza Ts, Red
281 Posts
asdf

your lucky you had the light bar on it or it would have been a looooot worse

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Impreza RS 5MT
2,827 Posts
you're better off with a weaker lightbar that collapses than a strong one (like a bullbar) that get pushed in and destroys the front end of your car.

·
Registered
1999, 2.5 RSTi, RBP
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
your lucky you had the light bar on it or it would have been a looooot worse
I agree, I don't think I'll be doing anything that crazy off roading next time. I'll take it way more easier until I get a good feel for driving in the dirt. Learned my lesson big time with that one.

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
I was just about to say the same. :)

I know it sucks, most of us have made dumb mistakes. This'll make you feel better: six months after I bought my brand new RS, in the first snow storm, I ran it into a ditch, on my road, and caused over $9K in damage.

You think YOU'RE embarrassed? :lol:

·
Registered
2003 rs2.5 BRP
831 Posts
i jumped my car over a hill and into a pond...

and blew all the bolts apart on my left fender.. beat that :D

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,278 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts