Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
01 coupe
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Idk. If it can be the knock sensor or fuel issue. But all that was replaced new :/
I turn it on and rev it in neutral and everything is ok but the moment I start to drive it will drive up to 2k rpm then the jerking of the car begins :( idk what it can be

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS Sedan
643 Posts
If you list what you did that might help.

The couple times this has happened to me, it was a vacuum hose that wasn't attached...

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
did you plug the MAF/MAP sensor in? did you drop it?

no model year, no engine listed...you're not going to really get alot of info without showing a very detailed timeline

·
Registered
01 coupe
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for the block:

Rear main oil seal
Front oil pump seal
Water pump gasket
oil pan gasket (optional, we just seal it up with silicon)

For the heads:

Head Gaskets
Cam Seals (x2)
Valve cover gaskets
Rubber grommets for the valve cover bolts
Rubber sparkplug sleeves (goes inside the heads)
Intake manifold gasket (you can also got the throttle body gasket too if you wanna replace it as well)

as for maintenance:

Timing belt kit (belt, belt tensioner, all 3 idlers)
water pump (optional, but i would replace it as well)
Sparkplugs
Ignition cables (sparkplug wires)
Fuel Filter
PCV valve
5qrts Oil & Oil filter
2bottles of coolant

·
Registered
Dirty Whore
790 Posts
I'll chime in as i have done all the work myself along with my work partner.

First off this car came from Mass and is really rusted

A month or so after he bought it we replaced header and cat section as his was really rusted and leaking, we also replaced the front o2 as it was impossible to remove the original one

Later on i sold him my stock front bumper beam and a wrx shortshifter and also in stalled for him a wrx/sti full pump (i recommended the fuel pump as we have done it on a few cars locally and it helped with fuel reaponse)

A few weeks after we did a full over haul on the motor, replacing all gaskets and seals, we also swapped out the heads as i had 3 sets available that were in better condition then the ones he had on there.

Car started up and drove away fine, during the week he was getting random misfires on start up on cyl 1 & 3, but again only on start up, car ran fine. I was able to fix by raising the idle via adjusting the tps sensor. Again, car ran fine

A few months after while selling the cams in the spare heads i had i came to realize that only one head had a delta 2000 cam in it, the others were stock. I then realized that the other cam must be in his car and may be the reason why the cold start misfire on 1&3. We had made arrangements regarding putting in the other delta cam in but still pending.

Anyhow, he had bought some used hubs with new bearings, as his were bad and were really rusted, we swapped out the hubs and replaced the diff seals, his car sat with the rear in the air for about 2-3 months due to him sourcing out bushing for the lateral links as they came off in the process of replacing the hubs. He was tight on money and eventually had the bushings pressed in. About 2 weeks ago we finished assembling the rear trailing arms and lateral links, during that period while the ass was up, he installed struts and springs and ss brake lines (they were loose and practically no brake fluid in the pump.) after bleeding the brakes we took it for a test drive and we did feel once a random jerk on throttle. He was on empty so i took it as hes very low on oil. Now he did admit to starting the car in a incline. My partner went by yesterday to check the car but did not bring his code scanner as he was told there are no codes.

But as soon as he got there the check engine light was on. We will be passing by today to scan it to see what code it is

I will post up an update once i know what it is

1 - 17 of 17 Posts