Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my local junkyard today, and there were a few AWD turbos there... a brat and a legacy wagon... Does anyone know if any or all these parts can be used to turbo a 2.2 or 2.5 L

I don't own a suby, but a friend does... So I thought I'd throw this out here... Also, If anyone in interested in any parts from these, I'll pick them up for ya...

JAmes

·
Registered
No Subie to see here, carry on
109 Posts
Where was this at??? I NEED that legacy block.

Oh and I use an RHB5 from an XT. If you want more info on that just click on the www icon and under the mods section of my site you'll see the turbo write up.

Chad
93 1.8T

·
Registered
852 Posts
Probably everything you saw at the junk yard could fit onto a newer model Subaru. They're like "Legos" as I think Chad said (?).

Depending on how much some of that stuff is, you might want to consider picking it up, but doing the actual install and what not can be a bigger pain than you think.

Graham

·
Registered
Project Frankenstein
479 Posts
AdidasCU said:
I was at my local junkyard today, and there were a few AWD turbos there... a brat and a legacy wagon ... Does anyone know if any or all these parts can be used to turbo a 2.2 or 2.5 L

JAmes
I have a Legacy turbo motor in my car from a junk yard car...runs smooth as hell :spin:
So if that motor is good, it is a good find!

·
Registered
33 Posts
How much power do those legacy motors put out stock? Are they 2.2 litres? Just an idiot asking a question.

·
Registered
No Subie to see here, carry on
109 Posts
From Scoobyslacks link

"Q: Can I put a WRX Turbo on my Turbo?

A: You should be able to bolt on the turbo, the up and downpipe connections should be perfectly matched. The problem is the inlet and outlet on the compressor side. These would have to have custom pipes made to work."

Um, have you compared the two turbos? The IHI has a 4 bolt flange for the down pipe and the TD04 has a 5 bolt. The inlet is also a little different. The third bolt differs by about 3 mm in location so a different flange is required.

Chad
93 1.8T

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Legacy Turbo (VF8,10,11) has a 5 bolt downpipe flange just like the WRX TD05.

The VF4 spec from the EA82T has a 4 bolt.

Up-pipes are the same, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts