Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy here at work just gave me a CD chock full of street racing videos he got off of Kazaa. On it is an older JUN WRX running what I believe to be 189+ MPH on a long straight road. Anybody see this video clip? Man that thing is moving!!! It sounds amazing.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
and it was sorta moist right? was it a white impreza?

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
RS25.com said:
Can you post a link or something?
me??!?!?! :lol:

i forgot where i found that video. i'll see what i can do.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it was in New Zealand or something, kinda damp out and it was white with one of those crazy aluminum wings on the back (although I do believe it needed it at those speeds). I've seen static pictures of it before and it's exactly how I'd like my car to look. Except that rear wing. I won't be needing to go 189Mph any time soon. :biggest:

Unfortunately I do not have a link. He found it using Kazaa and searching on "street racing". The file name was short with either GC8 or JUN in it.

There's also a vid out there of a two guys in a twin turbo new Camaro really wooping up on the rice boys on the streets. That Camaro is very fast.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS Coupe Silver
20 Posts
i remember reading an article about a top speed shoot out in New Zealand like 1-2 years ago. I belive a widebody supra wooped everyone.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i would really like to see this video, or any other street racing type videos but i only have a 56K and am having some trouble.

i am doing my graduation project and am trying to get some good videos, so if anyone could by chance copy a CD full of stuff and send it to me i would be glad to paypal you a buck or two.!!!

please please, help a brotha out....i promise i will get an A+:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Jun GC Impreza is what Inspired me to build an Impreza back in 1996 when I lived in Japan. Their Ver. III was one of the first and they have some of the most incredibly engineered cars you have ever seen. That car has done record laps at Tsukuba as well as the speed challenge in New Zealand (196 mph).
For the specs check out their site...
http://www.junauto.co.jp/democar/gc8/index.html?en

click on the results and download the movie they do this 4 wheel drift out of a corner that is truly awesome, but with 567 hp you can that sort of thing.

Troy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts