Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
484 Posts
Why are you moving away from the red?
Red just isn't my favorite. It is a nice color, especially in the right light, but if I plan to do a full resto mod on the car, and if I'm going to spend all that time and money on the car, I want to absolutely love the color. We'll see when that times comes though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Red just isn't my favorite. It is a nice color, especially in the right light, but if I plan to do a full resto mod on the car, and if I'm going to spend all that time and money on the car, I want to absolutely love the color. We'll see when that times comes though.
I completely understand. Hope to see some pics of it in your project thread when the time comes.
dude amazing car
Thanks, it's getting there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Well not much has been happening with the car lately, but in a effort to keep this thing moving forward here's another small update. Picked up another pile of K4rtb0y pieces. Got the front and rear endlinks swapped over along with the shift knob.

Mousetrap Road surface Motor vehicle Font Automotive exterior

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Fixture Personal luxury car

Tire Wheel Vehicle brake Automotive tire Locking hubs

I'm not sure how I want to go about installing the dead pedal. Seems like on the RS the factory one is just adhered to the carpet. I don't really want to rip if off because the carpet is actually in good shape, but we'll see.

I also picked up a little piece that I've wanted for the car since the first time I saw it. I'm pretty excited about it, I usually don't care too much for having rare pieces, but this was too cool to pass up.

Mobile phone Communication Device Bumper Portable communications device Sleeve

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I just had to go digging on this car, I should have known better. I decided to pull the engine out to fix some oil leaks and take a quick look over everything since I haven't found a single thing on this car besides the body that was acceptable. So I got the engine out only to find that the timing on the right exhaust cam and left intake cam seems to be off by a tooth. I also pulled the oil pan to check the pick up and get rid of the cork pan gasket some one had used. I found some metal flakes in the residual oil. No idea where they're from and I don't really care at this point. For now I'm going to fix the timing, seal up the leaks with new gaskets and drop the engine back in. I've started planning an EJ205 swap so I'm going to start that process and in the mean time just run this engine as is. If it dies it dies.

As always some pics I took along the way.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Gas Engineering

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Camera lens Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs Automotive wheel system Auto part

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Camera lens Camera accessory Cameras & optics

Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive design Automotive super charger part Auto part

Motor vehicle Automotive engine gasket Gas Engineering Nut

If there's one thing I can't stand having in my garage, it's a running Subaru.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

81 - 87 of 87 Posts