Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Sedan BRP
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This seemed like the only place to introduce myself, so hear goes...

I've been around Subarus since 2001 with an Outback Wagon. Traded that in 2004 and got myself a 2002 Impreza WRX. It was at that point I really started getting interested in cars. I never had a car with a turbo before, naturally, I went online to find some info on what kind of extra maintenance to expect. I found my way to wrxlinks.com (still around?), clubwrx.net, then nasioc.com. Hung around on nasioc for the past few years. In June my wife gave birth to our first daughter, Elliott Ann. At some point along the way, we decided to go down to one income rather than pay for child care. We also decided that it was time for the WRX to go. It was a higher car payment and high insurance. This picture was the last good picture I took of it.

Having sold the WRX I needed another cheaper car. Still wanted AWD but couldn't afford to pay a premium. I liked my Impreza WRX and liked the styling of the 2.5RS sedan. After digging around Craiglist and getting opinions from local nasioc members, I found myself taking a 2000 2.5RS BRP off of another member. This is how I ended up on rs25.com.

Here's how she looks now. Sorry I've only taken one picture so far. I'll try and sneak some more in this weekend.

It already came with some mods so I get to save some money on that:
AEM Intake
OBX UE headers
Stromung single tip axleback
KYB AGX Struts
Prodrive P1 (haven't looked if they're the blue or red version)
STi tophats
Whiteline ALK
Cusco 19-21 rsb
Perrin Rear Endlinks
WRX wheels (gunmetal w/re92s, soon to replace with Yokohama Avid V4s)
Racing Brake Slotted front rotors (WRX size)
Carbotech brakepads
Kartboy Shortshifter
Prodrive Shift Knob
STi seats
Pioneer HU
Infinity front and rear speakers

With the exception of the tires, it feels like it handles and grips very well. There is a section of freeway on my way home from work that is really bouncy and the RS just seemed to absorb all of it and keep it relatively level. It has a new oem replacement clutch and that is taking some getting used to. Its definitely not as fast as my WRX, but its not as slow as I was expecting it to be.

Thats my story so far. I don't have a whole lot of plans. Just wheels, tint, maybe go catless. I haven't been on this site long enough to know if there's any benefits/losses to going catless. Over on nasioc, there is a where to start modifying thread and I haven't found over here yet. I'd love to add a turbo or swap a wrx engine, but I worry about longevity and reliability. Plus, I sold the wrx to save money. not spend it. even 5psi would be fun though.

oh, and just for good measure, here's a picture of my daughter. She's four months old tomorrow (18th)

Edit: a few more pictures

-joel

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Sedan BRP
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the welcome...

...and I really wish I didn't take a peak at that first link. I didn't read it all, but i'm going to. I guess I won't be getting wheels or a tint afterall.

-joel

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Sedan BRP
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had Toyo T1-s tires on the WRX. the re92s pale in comparison.

er, I think they're re92s. the stock wrx tire?

-joel

·
Registered
STi swapped SF5, WTF?
2,933 Posts
Yeah Re92s are probably the worst thing Subaru puts on all of their cars. Bridgestone must give them a hell of a discount on them.

·
Registered
MY99 OBS
1,690 Posts
thanks for the welcome...

...and I really wish I didn't take a peak at that first link. I didn't read it all, but i'm going to. I guess I won't be getting wheels or a tint afterall.

-joel
lol sorry, as the chinese say "be careful what you wish for" :lol:

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Sedan BRP
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bump for a few more pics

I'm also looking for an opinion on wheels. I can't decide on sticking with the WRX wheels and painting them gold or finding a set of LGT 05 wheels and painting them gold. Or finding a set of 17" aftermarket wheels in gold or painting them gold. I really like the Rota Subzeros but can't afford them.

Here's a li'l photoshop I did earlier of gold 16s:

what do you guys/gals think?

-joel

·
Registered
MY99 OBS
1,690 Posts
personally i dont like those rims, i prefer the 05 wrx over those. browse the classifieds for some wheels, sometimes you will find some wheels u like for a decent price.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Sedan BRP
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
and bump for an impromptu session:

those first three are all the same angle basically. I was experimenting with a new lens today (Canon 70-200mm f4 L :D)

-joel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts