81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
BRP 2001 impreza 2.5rs
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Strange events while driving this week:
-nail in back tire, (all patched).

- A full sized squirrel came out of my hood scoop while reversing up a hill.

- drove to work on a very foggy morning, not even 10 seconds after heading out, I see a full kit Toyota Supra speeding past me on the opposite lane. Felt straight out of Initial D.

·
Registered
BRP 2001 impreza 2.5rs
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
New ride (kinda).

I bought a decent condition 2001 Impreza L off an older guy a few miles from my house today. I'm hoping this will be my new daily for a while, as my RS is just beyond saving due to rust, paint, and other issues. going to get the parts swapped to the new car soon and junk the old shell in the following weeks.

Almost 5 years of this beast, and 10k views, much thanks to all readers/ car owners.

·
Registered
BRP 2001 impreza 2.5rs
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Spring update:

Been daily driving the Impreza L for the last 6 months now, Most of the parts were transferred over from the RS, minus a few suspensions parts and tail lights.

I plan on keeping this one relatively inexpensive, the car isn't perfect by any mean. So until I can save some serious coin, and afford a swapped GC, or newer WRX, it's going to be pretty quiet on here.

Here's a couple pictures:

·
Registered
BRP 2001 impreza 2.5rs
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Wbm 2017

Few shots from WBM on Sunday.

22B -

A Nissan GTR, and a GTS-t sedan:

Couple shots of my Impreza L:

·
Registered
BRP 2001 impreza 2.5rs
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #90 (Edited)
Update Dec 2017:

Still daily driving the Impreza L. It's fun, but the car's been a bit of a headache too lol. It's doing better than ever now, and didn't cost me much too much money overall. Here's a list of what's been done to the vehicle this year (Shout out to my mechanic friend's).

RS front brakes installed.
Switched to stock plasti-dipped six spokes again, and studded snow tires.
Got rid of my old leaking exhaust, now it has UEL single port headers, a Tsudo highflow cat, and my STI exhaust.
New Spark plugs
New knock sensor
New Valve cover gaskets

- Plans for next year -
Putting my kyb/ Tanabe suspension back on
Flushing the rear drum brakes
fixing a few lights (third brake light, and a couple bulbs)

Happy Holiday's, and I hope everyone's having fun in this snowy weather - Joe.

·
Registered
BRP 2001 impreza 2.5rs
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
July update

Car is still driving good. I'll be at 200k miles soon.

Things done this year:
new rear drum brakes
kyb/ tanabe suspension reinstalled
pcv valve
new air filter
new fuel filter
oem Subaru knock sensor
new Milestar sport tires

Things I still want to get done
Red tail light mod
inner outer moog brand tie rods
another brake bleed
e brake reajdustment.
more aero pieces

·
Registered
BRP 2001 impreza 2.5rs
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Bad accident. (I'm okay)

I was driving to work earlier today, and a woman went thru a stop sign in a Chrysler 300. Her car spun onto a patch of grass, and my front end got destroyed. Car is pretty much totaled, and currently in a tow yard. Minus some scrapes, sores, and the awful taste of 18 year old air bag, i'm good. Both parties are okay, and that's what matters.

·
Registered
BRP 2001 impreza 2.5rs
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Update: March 2019

My Subaru Impreza has been sold, and parted out. I'd like to own another one someday, but for right now I need to focus my time on other things like saving money, and clearing out some debt.

I ended up buying a 1998 Honda Civic Hatch for a daily, and so far it's been great. I’m going to keep this one relatively stock. I do want headers, aero, and some wheels down the line though.

A big thank you to Tuan, for helping me sort out this whole ordeal, and helping me find a reliable daily driver.

Thanks for reading, and I appreciate all the support. Stay safe out there and hope to see more awesome build threads!

81 - 94 of 94 Posts