Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
A Blue RS
2,974 Posts
I think those would be way too stiff for gravel. I bet they're great on tarmac but not the direction I'm going with this build[\QUOTE]

I know they are, but I am saying go with something more proformance orientated, AGX struts with eibach sleves with gravel springs, they will last longer, with v5/6 struts you are going to be replacing them every 4 events

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)

The time has come, last pic with L bumper

Whatever the crash damage was from it must have been extremely minor, the only damage I could see was the bottom bumper beam mount was bent a little

JDM mad lyte yo, seriously this thing is retarded light

I had to cut the bumper signal connectors off and replace them with the ones from the clip, there is another unused connector that shares ground with them I think it's for the fogs?

Almost there, the clips Subaru uses suck dog balls thank god I had 2 of everything

The license plate bracket holes were not right for my plate so I had to drill new ones, JDM plates have a wider spread?

I can't believe I was thinking about getting rid of these vents

So sexy, I can't wait to get it painted

Front plate on, keeping it legal like a bawss

The blue not only serves as a motivator for me to get it to paint but allows me to sell off the black parts, any takers?

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Acadia Green
587 Posts
I put my roommate's clutch on backwards on accident, fucked that one up pretty bad lol

Edit: it was actually the middle clutch in the picture on that box lol

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
The RS seats are such crap I said to hell with it and bought a new seat

I mounted it with a Planted base and Planted aluminium offset side rails, super solid and fitment is perfect

Recaro Profi fit me perfectly, well feels perfect anyway, now me and the little one are both rocking a Recaro

The shoulder harness holes are far too low on me for any type of sanctioned event but even the Profi XL was still too low and it didn't fit snug at all

I love the solid feel and I have it bottomed out so I sit much lower than before, I'm closer to the steering wheel and pedals too which I'm not thrilled about

I went up to the mountains to see how I like the position in hard driving and I am totally comfortable with the way it is, I might push it back a little farther and raise it in the back though

The trails were soggy and a blast to drive on, my anus felt every bump even on trashed L suspension

I took my daughter to the beach since the mountains were not enough to tire her out. Driving in the city is fine, I have great visibility but I had to adjust my mirrors for the lower seating position

I decided to put the JDM bumper on, I really do hate the clips that Subaru uses to put these things on

I wanted to beat sundown so I didn't get any pictures of the notches I put into the US beam but they still weren't enough for it to fit perfect

The license plate and lights were a little tricky, hopefully my MacGyver fix doesn't fall apart on the freeway

·
Premium Member
2010 Forester
1,280 Posts
I come here expecting to see a kitchen made out of cardboard and trash cans... Instead I see this...

Very disappointed in you Joshua... I thought hauling all that meat around would make you honest... Apparently big dicks and honesty do not coincide...

:lol:

·
2 broken subarus...
'00 Subaru Impreza OBS
321 Posts
hey i have some child seat brackets in my wrx wagon that i never ever use...

oh yeah, nice car too :lol: Subbed fo sho

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
I went to one of the Wednesday night Winter mode meets, finally met Dylan face to face and got some pics of my car with a nice camera

The blue is really beginning to be a sore spot for me, especially next to clean single color cars lol

I always make fun of ricer kids with different color panels and now I am one of them

My favourite pics are of the nose itself where you can't really tell it's two different colors

It doesn't look so bad with the black fender but I really wish I had that insurance money to get paint, Been picking up little things in the meantime

Don't see the offset tophats come up much so I pounced on them

Picked up a Rallitek 22mm rear sway bar too

Looks like I was wrong about the last one, it's the 16mm from my Legacy GT not the 18mm from the Outback

Fitment is much better than the Legacy bar and endlinks are way beefier than stock crap so I expect to notice a huge difference this time

I didn't know where I should put the endlinks on the sway bar so I left them at the 3rd hole from the end

Such a nice day I'm gonna take it out for a drive and see how it feels

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
MY16 Impreza Sport Limited
4,769 Posts
I have those same Polk speakers! I got them at a junkyard out of a legacy for $10. They're awesome. hahah love the coupe. Paint is mint!

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
The Rallitek bar is so nice I love the feel, off throttle rotation is crazy like a handbrake turn. The endlinks were making a lot of noise because the oem bolts were a hair too large for them and the only bolts I had were much smaller. It was a little unsettling to hear all that clunking so I put the stock endlinks back on

Pic of plastic endlinks on huge bar for posterity

Since we're supposed to get snow soon I put the blizzaks on

I wanted to have the FXT wheels painted by now but I want a lot of things to be painted

They still look good in silver so I might just leave them

Personalized plates finally came!

I decided to pull out the harness for the climate control and see how I'm gonna make it work with the JDM auto controls

I noticed the pigtails that came with the JDM auto controls are really close to the plugs from the FXT harness

The wire colors are totally different but the the harness plugs right in

I'm hoping the JDM controls will work just like factory but I don't expect that they will

Sunset and it just started snowing!

61 - 80 of 321 Posts