Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Wish the SS was in better condition. But the heart will live on, with a td04 or vf23, sti injectors, jdm intercooler. All run by Robtune. It'll go in my 87 gl10t with 27 inch swampers 4 inch lift. (Winter wag). Should be fun.
Until I can build the block for the 99 L wag.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Honestly, I never did get it 100%.I read literally every thing on the internet about the speed sensor, still couldn't get it.
I've got frustrated, messaged iwire (keener) paid them. Best move iv made. I should have done it 2 years ago. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
@ twoshooz , what year suby?
Its been quite a while since I did that.
There is only 2 main plugs on other side of the fire wall.

Will call them dark and light for ease.
The wires, black with white stripe and black with yellow stripe make a loop to tell ecu car is in neutral or park. I just ordered a plug for the clutch from iwire maybe?, then ran the two threw the firewall (temporarily to see if it worked) to that plug. I don't think it matters which one is on what side of the plug. But if that don't work, just switch it. That was fairly easy, the vss was my problem. Hope that kinda helps ya. If I can help at all more dont hesitate to hit me up here.
Good luck.
Scruff

·
Registered
2 Posts
@ twoshooz , what year suby?
Its been quite a while since I did that.
There is only 2 main plugs on other side of the fire wall.

Will call them dark and light for ease.
The wires, black with white stripe and black with yellow stripe make a loop to tell ecu car is in neutral or park. I just ordered a plug for the clutch from iwire maybe?, then ran the two threw the firewall (temporarily to see if it worked) to that plug. I don't think it matters which one is on what side of the plug. But if that don't work, just switch it. That was fairly easy, the vss was my problem. Hope that kinda helps ya. If I can help at all more dont hesitate to hit me up here.
Good luck.
Scruff
Scruff thanks so much for the reply. It ended up being a loose wire at ecu for NSS circuit. Really appreciate you taking the time to respond 🤟🏻

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
282 Posts
Just finished reading your thread...quite the adventure. Looks like the end, or at least the progress thus far, has been worth it! Car looks super clean! What's up wit the Prodrive GC010Es I saw in a box earlier on in the thread? Excellent choice if I do say so myself!

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Prodrive's need tires, maybe soon if I can't get the set of oem 5 stars for winter setup I've been after. Then I'll get some star specs or the like for summer fun for the Prodrives. Also have some 06 wrx wheels that I'm refinishing for more daily set up. Lots of options. Love the gc010e.
Thanks for reading.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #115

Got in trouble, so ran away to the beach. Longest trip to date in the wag. Think ima start surfing.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #116

Installed carbon sti strut bar.
On a quick run after seem to help turn in on tight corners.

1000post

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
680 Posts
Did you get out of trouble? Curious minds want to know ;) Agreed on the strut tower bar, you can really feel it in roundabouts. I fit them when I can.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #119

Rack attached. Not sure how I like the look, but this winter will def come in handy.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
791 Posts
Something about the scoop-less hood looks really clean... L bumper ftw... Looking good!

101 - 120 of 134 Posts