Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Thanks, I've actually got one on its way shipped. Hopefully that'll take care of it.
My buddy's a mechanic he said he'd stop by one night soon an take a peek also.
Just need more time in my life to spend "playing with my car" as my wife calls it.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Ugh, no dice. Maf didn't work.
Not sure what todo now. Maybe I'll RIP the manual harness back out. Then I'll at least know if it's the harness. I guess, idk.
My mechanic buddy's 3 kids got sick, so hes way behind at work. Not sure when exactly hell be able to make it over to check it out.

Any ideas...

Besides, rush a swap.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Ive been meaning to update...

Have been building a new home. So, lwags been but on pause. Should have been moving in this weekend, (memorial day). Ended up getting robbed. Waiting on cabinets to get built again. (Long story).

Anyway, the manual bulk harness I bought and installed never work out. So next steps to return the altered auto harness so I can drive it to new home. I would trailer it but the fuckers that robbed us loaded up our stuff on and stole my trailer too.

Iv been slowly acquiring parts for a swap I think iv got everything just need to send keener my harnesses to merge. I'll just have him set it up for the manual tranny.

I've got a pile of parts to install, just playing the waiting game.

·
Registered
'96 OBS
235 Posts
Damn! That sucks. I hope the new harness works out. What's the swap plan or is that going to be a surprise?

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
No big surprise. I've got a set of 255 heads, and a 255 short block with just over 100,000 on it.
Plan is to refresh heads mostly stock at first. Run the block.
I also have a complete 22t. Heads off that and ej22 block will go in my 87 gl10.

Then #5 thrust conv., forged this n that. Then all run off 06 sti ecu, intake, immobilizer. Not looking for anything too crazy. Somewhere between 280 and 350 lb torque.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts