Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
RSTi, STi V6, BRZ Turbo
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know I am a little biased, but here it is. OH MY FUCKING GOD MY CAR IS ON STEROIDS NOW. Oh ya, it's that good. First on ramp I took, I take home from work every day. I took it 10 mph faster than I could even dream of in my custom Eibach race setup. There are new dampers from JIC that eliminate the bounciness the WRX boys complained of. Man, those guys are a bunch of pansies. I purposely chose the stiffer dampers and cranked up the dampers to full stiff. I havn't even tried soft yet. My best friend has an identical RS to mine, but with the softer setup. If you care about everyday ride quality, then go with the new setup. It is much smoother and still has laser precision steering. I will be at the Speedtrials event at California Speedway this Saturday, if anyone wants a ride. For those that don't know, the JIC FLTA2 is an inverted monotube 15 way adjustable coilover. The ride height is adjusted seperate from the spring perch to allow full travel at any ride height. Includes upper pillow ball mounts with camber adjustability. Like I said before, they are fucking dope.
Kevin

·
Registered
RSTi, STi V6, BRZ Turbo
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please pardon my vulgor language in my first post, I was very excited. Now, I went to a Speedtrial event this weekend at California Speedway. It was my first track event in my car, so I was put in the beginner class. After tailgating the bozos through the entire course, I was bumped to intermediate. Well, I accidentally ran with the expert class. Through the turns, I was hanging tough, but once the straights hit, my 165 HP was no good. I let them pass of course. The expert guys really are a class act compaired to the bozos in beginner class. I had a ton of fun and the suspension was top notch. Check out Speedtrials at www.speedtrialsusa.com
Kevin

·
Premium Member
98 RBP RS
674 Posts
Are you still using the JIC coilovers?
A vendor recently listed a set for sale, and this was the only review I could find :)
Any installed pics? or an updated review?
I'm curious to see how they are holding up after 5 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts