Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

JIC FLT-A2 Race Spec Review

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Templar 
#1 ·
They can be sumed up in one word...AWESOME.

Now to go into a little more detail. The ride is stiff, but well damped. Large imperfections in asphalt are still noticed, but are not jarring like they were with my old version 5 settup. During our local install fest this past weekend. I was giving out rides in the car and everyone was blown away by the suspension.

The best compliment came from a very skilled local driver who has spent over 20k on his WRX, including $2800 on coilovers. I drove his car, then took him for a ride in mine. After we returned he said "this is how I want my car to handle."

Let me tell you, the FLT A2 Race specs are not just a great set of coilovers for the price. They are a great set of coilovers for ANY price.

Similiar products driven:
Leda
Zeal Function B6
DMS Golds
Tein HA
Sti Version 5/H&R springs

The JICs top them all.

See less See more
#3 ·
I gave them all the specs of my car and told them that preference was for autocross use with some weekend mountain driving and possibly some roadcourse work in the future. The valving I got was custom and the spring rates were 8 kg/mm front and rear with a helper spring in the rear.

#4 ·
Templar said:
They can be sumed up in one word...AWESOME.

Now to go into a little more detail. The ride is stiff, but well damped. Large imperfections in asphalt are still noticed, but are not jarring like they were with my old version 5 settup. During our local install fest this past weekend. I was giving out rides in the car and everyone was blown away by the suspension.

The best compliment came from a very skilled local driver who has spent over 20k on his WRX, including $2800 on coilovers. I drove his car, then took him for a ride in mine. After we returned he said "this is how I want my car to handle."

Let me tell you, the FLT A2 Race specs are not just a great set of coilovers for the price. They are a great set of coilovers for ANY price.

Similiar products driven:
Leda
Zeal Function B6
DMS Golds
Tein HA
Sti Version 5/H&R springs

The JICs top them all.
Wow I'm impressed they faired better than the Zeal CO. I would have imagined they were the same.

BTW i noticed your spring rates, and them seem pretty hardcore. Good work!

#5 ·
Well, I didn't get to toy with the settings on the Zeals, and they were on a GDA, which has it's own handling issues due to the extra weight it carries. They might have felt better on a GC/GM chassis car, but I was not overly impressed. I certainly didn't feel like the damping was anymore sophisticated than on the FLT-A2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.