Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1993 WRX
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Well this happened over the weekend, hood scoop broke and flew off on the interstate. Let me know if anyone knows where I can find an early model GC8 hood scoop. I will have to get it painted to match either way so doesnt matter what color it is. Cheaper the better

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,734 Posts
Well this happened over the weekend, hood scoop broke and flew off on the interstate. Let me know if anyone knows where I can find an early model GC8 hood scoop. I will have to get it painted to match either way so doesnt matter what color it is. Cheaper the better

I should have my stocky laying around.

·
Registered
1993 WRX
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I will end up doing the Ver 6 front end soon but the grille was already painted blue so just went with it again.

·
wood grain grippin'
v2 STi wagon
3,399 Posts

I would appreciate it if you would stop suddenly needing the parts I've needed for years :boxer:

my scoop came off a while ago chasing Skylines over 140mph

I made some aluminum brackets to keep the center scoop section where it's supposed to be, they're still there over a year later

·
Registered
1993 WRX
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I am not a fan of non-recirculating BOV and intake on a stock ECU. Did you plan on having it tuned?
I will eventually, the older ECU's are more forgiving than the newer ones so it isnt enough change where the ECU cannot make adjustments. As well the intake does not change the MAF housing so does not require a tune.

·
Registered
1993 WRX
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
She has some shine to her after the wet sanding, gotta give her a bath and wax so she will be done.

·
Registered
1993 WRX
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Got her cleaned up today and took some quick pictures, need to get her fully detailed and get the good camera out when the weather is better. Been really busy so havnt had time to do anything else to her.

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,124 Posts
Unbelievable!! I can't believe I'm missed this on my radar since I've been absent from the forums. I'm down here in Dublin, we will definitely have to catch up sometime and let me peep that beauty! PM'ing you my info now

21 - 40 of 67 Posts