Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Impreza Connoisseur
95 RSTi coupe, 05 STi, 05 FXT
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried looking for a pinout diagram or schematic for the JDM GC DCCD cluster, specifically a V5/V6. I plan on using one of these in my STI swap, and I need to ensure that there is no repinning needed in order to make the DCCD array work. Thanks!

·
Registered
01 Impreza 2.5RS, 95 Civic VX
3,762 Posts
Is it the dccd displace wiring just the same as the automatic cluster?

·
Registered
01 Impreza 2.5RS, 95 Civic VX
3,762 Posts
oh wait. the us rs never had the automatic letter display on the cluster.

·
Registered
RS, GF, SSx2, STI GDB
692 Posts
I have a limited cluster with DCCD, if you pm me this weekend, I can do a pin-out of the dccd part.

·
Impreza Connoisseur
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to revive this from the dead, I was able to do the pinout conversion and successfully get the basic functions to work. However, I was having some issues with the DCCD array. I am only getting the top 5 squares to light up (LOCK, 80%, 60%, 40%, and 20%). Initially, I had AUTO connected to nothing, but I thought it would be cool to light up the STI logo. The bulbs exist for this, as well as the 0% setting, but they don't light up. I know the STI won't show through because it is solid black behind it, but more troubleshooting is needed.

On a related note, I never hooked up the backlighting. Comparing the STI circuit to the JDM cluster circuit, they seem very similar, but at 1AM, my mind was becoming mush.......

·
Impreza Connoisseur
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found out that the 0% bulb is blown, so I need to grab a new one. Anybody have any laying around from a DCCD or automatic trans GC? The STI logo works as AUTO now. :)

Now, I just need the backlighting to work.......

·
Impreza Connoisseur
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope. They are a bit smaller than the 74-sized bulbs found elsewhere on the board. They sit on a rubber stand-off and the leads make contact with posts soldered on the board.

·
Registered
05 Evo 8 SSL & 99 GC Coupe
1,257 Posts
Did you figure this out? I have working DCCD in my Ver5 so...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts