Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Impreza L
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have recently purchached a set of the jdm sti aluminum control arms, and was also lookin to pick up an ALK from whiteline. my buddy then told me, he thought they already came with one, factory setup, and to buy an aftermarket one would not be of any benofit? i'm trying to find any truth to this state ment, or if i would in fact benifit from purchacing an aftermarket ALK kit in use with these control arms. thanks guys

·
Registered
2000 RS 1992 SS
103 Posts
Oem rear control arm bushings didn't change much. Anything before 08 impreza should be the same. My JDM control arms had rear bushings on them, they fit my 2000 rs. The wrx whiteline ALKs fit my 92 legacy (Love the Whiteline ALKs). So there is no oem "upgrade" for these. Besides the ALK/psrs you can upgrade just the bushing component. Don't know much about the aftermarket bushings, but I would imagine their at least cheaper then the whiteline, perrin, gt spac...

·
Registered
95 Impreza L
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks guys, i planned on getting the whiteline set, and was pretty sure they'd increase my caster, but then my buddy told me that he thought the jdm ones came with a factory caster increase, just wanted to verify. now shopping for whiteline ALK's!! :)

·
Registered
95 Impreza L
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah it what i heard they make a nice quality change. its basically the last piece on my suspension that i can or need to upgrade..so i'm lookin for a set. i'm excited, then i can finally get an alignment and see how she drives!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.