Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
RBP, 2000 2.5RS Coupe
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I didn't see any posts on Jdm spats that answered my question so I'm posting here.

I recently purchased JDM spats from a member on here and noticed that the left hand side and the right hand side aren't mirror copies of eachother. I am assuming this is because of the exhaust. I have not tried to mount them so I guess it could become more apparent when I do this.
OR I was thinking it is maybe because the Jdm bumpers are shaped differently than USDM bumpers.

Can anyone confirm this for me please?
Thanks
KC

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS-T
43 Posts
Spats aren't made for usdm bumper. There are tons of diy's on installing the rear spats. All tell you how to mount them onto a usdm bumper and usually expain pretty thoroughly. Go mount them and enjoy them!!

·
Registered
R56 Cooper S
1,046 Posts
I didn't notice any major differences when I installed mine, but then again I wasn't really looking for differences between the two.

My USDM bumper already had holes where the spats go from a previous owner, so I just zip tied the spats to the bumper and called it a day. Despite being JDM spats on a USDM bumper, they seem to fit decently enough.

·
Registered
RBP, 2000 2.5RS Coupe
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks guys, I appreciate the responses.
I have been looking at a lot of pics and I think they are all consistent. One end is bigger and the other is smaller.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts