Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Really? I could have sworn some places can cut it for you. Losing a lower defrost line or two wouldn't matter, but if necessary you could always rebuild them around the hole. Maybe I was thinking of another material that was supposedly uncuttable. Lame :/
You CAN cut tempered glass, but it's not easy and pretty risky, the glass is very likely to shatter. Most places probably won't do it just because of the high risk. Not worth it.

·
Registered
2000 BRP 2.5 RS Sedan
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Any more input? If there is enough interest, then we could get this started! I'd also make a list of people interested on the first post. And if there is anyone out there that already has the JDM rear glass with the hole in it, could you take measurements of the location of the hole? That would be a huge help. All I'd really need is how big the hole is, and how far up is the bottom edge of the hole from the bottom edge of the glass.
-Vu

·
Registered
2000 BRP 2.5 RS Sedan
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Can anyone measure with wiper hole in their glass? I don't want this thread to die just yet!
-Vu

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,315 Posts
Bump, because this reminds me of the thread I have asking for spoiler hole location. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,398 Posts
Holy grail of modifications is rear wiper blades?

You gotta be shitting me.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I've spoken with a few glass places over the years, it's always been cost prohibitive. The compound curve is the pain for a few hotrod companies that were contacted.

That said, I'm glad someone else is trying to do this. rear wiper glass is great! :D

·
Impreza Actual
2001 RS-T
1,304 Posts
Haha I always took off my wiper and plugged the hole. I don't like it.

One, it had only one speed,

Two, it never worked for shit anyways :lol:

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
406 Posts
Count me in, too! Japanparts.com wants ~$1200 shipped, if we can beat that even by half, it sounds good to me.. Cheers

21 - 38 of 38 Posts