Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
95 caribbean green brighton
72 Posts
they have some pretty good prices i got my half cut from them and just recently bought a whole rear disc brake conversion including all the arms and rear subframe for only 80

·
Registered
1995 Impreza Red w/ EJ20G
82 Posts
I know that venus shop has hoods, I had to pick mine out of a row of them and they had multiple colors. they told me 200 each but gave me one free with my half cut. switch your headlights and grille and the v1/v2 hood will work. the jdm ones are aluminum and weight a lot less! Although I did try to get in touch with them today about an exhaust system for my car but no one answered the phone all three times I called.

·
Registered
2000 Aspen White Coupe RS
320 Posts
I have a 2000 RS though.
I believe you gotta make it clear to them that you're buying the facelift ones. they have other different car brands in stock so subaru isn't their primary knowledge. I asked them for a hood on the phone, they told me 180 and when I confirm that its the lightweight white one on the picture they told me " ohh actually those are the facelift one, and those are about 280." You gotta be more specific with them from my experiences. :rolleyes4

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
They never update pictures posted on CL. When you ask, they point to another part. More like bait n switch method.

·
Registered
1997 subaru obs
53 Posts
wow. i guess bay people come up here for parts too. was gonna look for a vendor over there and stumbled upon this and it gave me all the answers of why i can't stand venus and "six star". guess i'll keep relying on canadians and out of town people.

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
wow. i guess bay people come up here for parts too. was gonna look for a vendor over there and stumbled upon this and it gave me all the answers of why i can't stand venus and "six star". guess i'll keep relying on canadians and out of town people.
Reason why you can't stand them? Prices?

·
Registered
1997 subaru obs
53 Posts
Reason why you can't stand them? Prices?
Money isn't the issue. I've been putting together my del sol for a while and wanted a change, got the gf4 just recently but searched all over CL for parts and vendors prior because I had the intention of making it gf8 "inspired".

I knew venus sold a lot of subaru parts so i was excited to find out that they were so close. Had been contacting them for a while and waiting on their shipment from japan like their recent one for oct 17... it didn't come on that day... it was held for customs, understandable so they told me to contact them on wednesday a couple days later, i did. Asked them if they had the bumper in, they said yes. next day i text and called them... no answer. My work hours collide with their schedule so i sent someone in who took a longer lunch from work to drive over there... they sold the yellow gc8 bumper and told her they had the white one left... they told her it'll take them a while to grab it. They literally stacked a lot of bumpers on top of it and had 2 people DRAG the bumper... she took a look at it and they told her it was up to her if she still wanted it, pretty sure because they knew how bad in shape it was. she said no after trying to wipe off what she thought was dust but tons of scratches.

time wasted. POOR communication. "Boss" didn't even know they had a white one in stock until the guys pulled it out.

and thanks to this thread... didn't know they had a connection with "six star" until I read this. I've been meaning to grab the hatch with spoiler mounts, been trying to keep in contact with them to set up a time and place to meet them/him/whoever, have the money, been talking since the "halloween special" and now no answer, but they have the time to bump their threads and post on CL.

i've never been one to b*tch about a car part price or distance and i definitely don't lowball, if i know a parts worth... then take my money unless the seller is being ridiculous over the price. it just seems like all i can rely on are people in canada, out of town... and looking forward to make future purchases from gary.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts