Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I just purchased JDM 04-07 STI seats for my USDM GC 2.5rs. I attempted to fit the JDM passenger seat (belt buckle on the right; no height adjuster) to my driver's side, but the bolstering spots do not light up. I'm assuming I will run into the same issue attempting to fit the JDM driver's seat (belt buckle on the left; height adjuster) to my passenger side. Is it then possible to swap out my USDM GC 2.5rs rails onto the according JDM seats (i.e. USDM driver seat rail to JDM passenger seat; USDM passenger to JDM driver seat)? I'm short, so I don't care about the height and/ or having the height adjuster on my driver's side.

Would another option be swapping USDM GD STI rails onto these JDM seats? From what I understand, they should bolt up just fine in a USDM 99-01 impreza.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
366 Posts
You've put about 3 threads out now about the same topic. You had this post in the DIY section (where You to show us how you did it). I moved it into the Interior section. Just relax and let members get to log on and answer your questions. Might take hours or even days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You've put about 3 threads out now about the same topic. You had this post in the DIY section (where You to show us how you did it). I moved it into the Interior section. Just relax and let members get to log on and answer your questions. Might take hours or even days.
Sorry! not sure how this works

·
Registered
94&93 vr4, 94 rx7, 98 2.5rs, 95 Supra TT
360 Posts
It's been a while. Those seats should bolt into a GC as-is but they will sit high. If the seat belts in your car don't snap into the jdm seat buckles then you'd have to swap over your buckles from your US seats. If the buckles from your GC seat don't sit well on the JDM seats you'll probably have to find some buckles from a USDM GD seat. If the buckles just point in the wrong direction (ie point down too far) you may be able to notch the metal arm on them so they can rotate to the right spot.

Its impossible to swap your GC rails over to those JDM v8 seats. They are completely different. If you had a USDM sti (04-07) and bought those seats you'd be able to swap over the USDM drivers side rail to the JDM passenger seat and end up with height adjust ability on both sides. If you can find a USDM 04-07 sti seat rail for sale individually, you could still go that route and your drivers side would go a little lower. They will still sit higher in your car than any stock GC seat or JDM v1-v7 seat.

JDM v1-v6 seats sit the lowest. It's a matter of what style you like best. JDM v7 seats sit slightly higher but it's a fair trade off if you want the blue alcantara. Thats what I did. JDM v8 seats sit even higher and don't recline forward as much making it harder to climb in the back if you have a coupe. On v7 seats you can swap the USDM gc drivers side rail on to the JDM seat to make it sit a little lower. On v8's you can swap the USDM GD drivers side rail over to get it to sit lower and have height adjustability.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's been a while. Those seats should bolt into a GC as-is but they will sit high. If the seat belts in your car don't snap into the jdm seat buckles then you'd have to swap over your buckles from your US seats. If the buckles from your GC seat don't sit well on the JDM seats you'll probably have to find some buckles from a USDM GD seat. If the buckles just point in the wrong direction (ie point down too far) you may be able to notch the metal arm on them so they can rotate to the right spot.

Its impossible to swap your GC rails over to those JDM v8 seats. They are completely different. If you had a USDM sti (04-07) and bought those seats you'd be able to swap over the USDM drivers side rail to the JDM passenger seat and end up with height adjust ability on both sides. If you can find a USDM 04-07 sti seat rail for sale individually, you could still go that route and your drivers side would go a little lower. They will still sit higher in your car than any stock GC seat or JDM v1-v7 seat.

JDM v1-v6 seats sit the lowest. It's a matter of what style you like best. JDM v7 seats sit slightly higher but it's a fair trade off if you want the blue alcantara. Thats what I did. JDM v8 seats sit even higher and don't recline forward as much making it harder to climb in the back if you have a coupe. On v7 seats you can swap the USDM gc drivers side rail on to the JDM seat to make it sit a little lower. On v8's you can swap the USDM GD drivers side rail over to get it to sit lower and have height adjustability.
Thanks! Maybe I couldn't get it lined up properly, but I guess I'll try again to see if it just bolts on. The higher sitting isn't a bother to me, so I'm not worried about that aspect as much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts