Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
'95 1.8 L wagon
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah, i'm a newbie, so thanks for bearing with me. i was lookin into this bumper on ebay cause with shipping it is about $240-250.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...viewitem=&item=140252722572&_trksid=p3907.m29
it is goin on a "95 L wagon. anyone have any pics of this style on an impreza? what "version" bumper is this? it looks like if i modify my front beam and bew some misc. clips, i am close to set up right? lastly, opinions on this, i.e. is it a good deal? look good on a wagon?

thanks again guys. i need to replace my damaged front bumper so i thought this would bo cool.
james

· Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
3,696 Posts
It says it comes with the support(bumper beam(so you won't have to modify your own)) so i'd say it's definitely a good deal especially since it comes with foggies. there are a few cars on here with that bumper (v1-v4) and it looks really nice. I looked for that version for awhile before buying my v5/6 bumper skin. That version will actually match your front end since you have the older grille/headlights/hood.

· Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,509 Posts
That is a pre-1999 bumper for a JDM WRX or STI. Probably a WRX since nearly all STIs had fog covers. Good deal on it too. If it comes with the beam it will bolt straight up, should'nt require any mods.

· Registered
97 obs
472 Posts
be aware that it is shipped on a large pallet. I got mine from them and it was close to $300 after it was all said and done. I bought it for the same price. All you need to do is remove the two bolts located right behind each headlight, remove plastic retainers on the side of the bumper which attaches it to the fender. There are two tabs on the stock beam by the bolts that prevent it from coming out. Then pull and remove the clips that attach to the turn signals. your done.
reverse proccess to install.
love the style

· Registered
01 RS w/ 2.1 stroker ej205
3,444 Posts
shipping is hella of expensive for J hot.. well depending on size and quantity. I was going to get a JDM aluminum STi hood... but shipping costed over $180....so i was like #$%^&* this.... find one somewhere else .

but heck... if your willing to pay for it.. all ups to u!

· Registered
'95 1.8 L wagon
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just got quoted at $80 for shipping but i anticipate it to go up a few bucks. i got a day to mull it over before the auction ends. i do appreciate the fast responses and your input guys.
james

· Registered
'95 1.8 L wagon
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if you want it Alpine_Star, just say so. i dont need it right this sec. since i need to do my timing belt right now but it looked like a good deal. if you arent goin for it, i'll bid.
james

· Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
702 Posts
i was planning on bidding on it tomorrow night if no one else has its the last piece i need for my front end :p. but I can't see spending 290 for a used bumper when i could get all new for close to that.

· Registered
98 RBP Coupe, '94 White Wagon
308 Posts
i was planning on bidding on it tomorrow night if no one else has its the last piece i need for my front end :p. but I can't see spending 290 for a used bumper when i could get all new for close to that.

I spent about $500 with shipping for mine. That price included the fog covers, turn signals, and bumper beam. I didn't think that was out of line at all.

· Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
702 Posts
I spent about $500 with shipping for mine. That price included the fog covers, turn signals, and bumper beam. I didn't think that was out of line at all.
you could order a 99-01 Rs bumper with jdm beam from subarugenuineparts.com for 200$ before shipping brand new. and the turn signals fogs and fog covers couldn't be more then 100$ all together.

· Registered
'95 1.8 L wagon
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'm with you on that Alpine_star. $250+ for a used bumper seems a little out there compared to new but it is tempting. like i said, if you decide against it, let me know, i might still go for it. decisions, decisions....

i kinda like the ver.5/6 better so i keep leaning towards just waiting for one of those.
james

· Registered
2000, 2.5RS, STM
156 Posts
Just a consideration, but I think that the JDM silver is different from STM which would be the USDM silver. The two colors--I think--are similar enough, though if you want a spot on match you would have to paint it; which is expensive.

GL with your bid!

· Registered
98 RBP Coupe, '94 White Wagon
308 Posts
you could order a 99-01 Rs bumper with jdm beam from subarugenuineparts.com for 200$ before shipping brand new. and the turn signals fogs and fog covers couldn't be more then 100$ all together.
I see that you can get the bumper and beam for about $230, Fog covers are $20, turn signals are another $40. Freight on the bumper skin alone is $125 flat. Plus another $25 for the beam, $10 more on the lights, same on the fog covers. You're at $460 easy, plus you still need to get it painted.

I think if you wait and find the right color, you can't beat going used.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.