Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'06 LGT SWP
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is any visual differences between both the GC8 and the GD STi Aluminium LCA?

I've got a set of, which I believe are GC8 JDM LCA, but I'd like to confirm before installing these on my Saab 9-2x (wagon).

Does anyone have a reference to any visual differences between the GC8 LCA to the newer V7+ JDM LCA?

Thanks,
JP

·
Registered
R56 Cooper S
1,046 Posts
You can measure the length of the inner bushing (the round one, straight back from the ball joint). The GDs bushings are 61mm in length, while the GC bushing is 56mm. If yours ends up being a GC control arm, you'll just need to put some spacers on either end to fit your crossmember properly.

·
Registered
'06 LGT SWP
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! It seems like I do have the GC control arms, which is what I want.

You can measure the length of the inner bushing (the round one, straight back from the ball joint). The GDs bushings are 61mm in length, while the GC bushing is 56mm. If yours ends up being a GC control arm, you'll just need to put some spacers on either end to fit your crossmember properly.
Thanks, indeed they measure 55/56mm in lenght, plus I have the Energy Suspension bushings to fit and make it 61mm in lenght, so it'll fit to a GD crossmember.
SuperPro SPF2429K Front Lower Control Arm Bushings - Inner Front Position Made by SuperPro

What kind of spacers would be used if I didn't want to use the bushings? Washers? Or custom made spacers?

Thanks all for the info!
JP

·
Registered
R56 Cooper S
1,046 Posts
Just some washers would be totally fine. That's what I'm using. 2 washers on one side of the bushing, and 1 on the other for a total of 3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts