Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Aspen White GC8 coupe
1 Posts
i dont think this car will pas the smog requirement to even be legal in cali , i could be wrong

·
Registered
1 Posts
i find it odd too that for an imported JDM GC8 it would have a USDM rear bumper.

·
Registered
1993 WRX
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
i find it odd too that for an imported JDM GC8 it would have a USDM rear bumper.
Not sure about SMOG for CA, all imported cars I see now have to pay extra to be legal in CA.

Rear bumper I think is same for the first version WRX as USDM subies came. I got it from RHD Specialties which imported direct from Japan. But there might be some other rear bumpers but this style is all I have seen on these.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,103 Posts

That is a standard V1/2 bumper. The smooth bumpers we call "JDM bumpers" weren't until the V3+

Lot's of people forget that the earlier GCs were very different from the later ones.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i learned something new...new wrinkle in my brain updated.
thank you for the clarification.

·
Registered
1993 WRX
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
That is a standard V1/2 bumper. The smooth bumpers we call "JDM bumpers" weren't until the V3+

Lot's of people forget that the earlier GCs were very different from the later ones.
Appreciate that, I was about to post pictures of the other ones I found that had same bumper. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
75 Posts
I'll be moving back to the US in September and I am very interested in your car. I will talk to you then if it is still available. I am currently overseas and reluctantly sold my mint '95 STI Type RA to bring back a different vehicle. I need something else like this to get back in the GC8 world.

·
Registered
1993 WRX
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
car is still for sale, added new valve stem seals. group n sti motor mounts, new exedy oem clutch with resurfaced flywheel, new timing belt also, spark plug and valve cover seals with new spark plugs.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts