Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hah ! howdy james...hey what did u do to address the 225's rubbing on your struts?

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
james is still online!!!

jz

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what offset were the wheels?? u didnt use spacers or anything?? mannnnnn

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
They are 17x7.5" with a 48mm offset. Worked fine with Falken Azenis 225/45/70's, slight rubbing on the rear fender lips, but I just hammed those flat and NP now.

I'm online for a while, usually, but DAMN I have 2000+ posts to review today! :curse:

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn i want 225s but when i had the kumho 225s they rubbed the hell out of my struts...what struts do u have on the car

·
Registered
646 Posts
Oh go slap on 4 emergency tires and shoot some video of the 4 wheel tire spinning launches. Its not something for street use but for a parkinglot hard launch its fun.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Koni adjustable, but they fit in the stock housings. The Kuhmos are wider than the Azenis, though, so you cannot compare them.

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damnnnnn i want to go 225 but shit i dont wanna risk it..i know 215's will fit

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
a local WRX'er has 225/50 kumho V700 on his stock rims. he let me test fit them on my car. they fit so long as the car doesn't move (its all about the look anyway, right) but it was pretty obvious that with my excessive body roll and the change in camber and such from turning the wheel that there would be massive amounts of da rub.

and now for something completely different.

who sells rear KYB AGX struts on the cheap. tirerack has em for $99.

how much do the 16x7 SSR Comps actually weigh. everyone seems to have a different number. then again, i managed to find some idiot who thought that raceline RL-7s were "weaK" :rolleyes:

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pdm is limited on their pro kits for our car...so if you're into getting one..now would be the time

1 - 17 of 17 Posts