Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Aspen White '03 2.5TS Wagon
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by someone that I should definitely remove the roof rack and the bumper rails (if you will) that run along the roof from front to back. Should I? Or does it look good the way it is?

(I know... I need more pics! But the car is fairly new to me and I haven't had time to do a photoshoot of my stock wagon!) :p

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Obs White 2.2L 5MT
1,319 Posts
SGMongoose said:
if you dont use them then remove them. i need a roof rack for bikes and boards
Yep, I don't need mine cause I don't go biking and stuff so I took it off. And if you take it off and decide you need it back on, it isn't permanent...unless you fill up the crack with bondo or something :p.

·
Registered
1998 Steel Blue Mica OBS
420 Posts
I leave mine on cuz I have bikes and snow boards. I wouldn't mind JDM rails though. Nice car, I have the same one.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BiNiaRiS said:
+1 for removal. i took mine off but then quickly replaced them with JDM rails that actually flow with the car...

OooooLLL! Likey da JDM rails! They look much better running front to back, rather than driver to passenger. How much did they run you? Where'd you get yours from? And btw, love the front bumper. I almost got one like that but haven't had money this pay to be able to. Maybe if it's still available next friday... might scoop it up.

·
Registered
91 Legacy 257 w/6MT
865 Posts
SleekSubyChick said:
OooooLLL! Likey da JDM rails! They look much better running front to back, rather than driver to passenger. How much did they run you? Where'd you get yours from? And btw, love the front bumper. I almost got one like that but haven't had money this pay to be able to. Maybe if it's still available next friday... might scoop it up.
you can find them on the UK ebay sometimes. i scored mine for $140 shipped but they usually run you about $300 shipped.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BiNiaRiS said:
you can find them on the UK ebay sometimes. i scored mine for $140 shipped but they usually run you about $300 shipped.
Yikes!!! I think I'll try Ebay first. :lol:

Thank you!

·
Registered
319 Posts
They are never on ebay. Does anybody have a direct link to where I can buy JDM roof rails? I want the front to back ones really badly. I have none on my car right now, but I love the look, and I snowboard/bike/hike/camp. So it will come in handy numerous times. Gotta love AZ, so much to do!

Any links to where I can buy one? MUCH APPRECIATED!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts