Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the reason I asked for this special little product was because my car is quite stiff, and the stock hood holder thing wasn't staying in place. Every time the car bounced it would come loose and bang around in the engine bay. I also have bumped my head several times on the hood while working on awkward positioned engine pieces. The struts raise the hood higher than what is capable stock. The product looks amazing. It's a very well constructed piece. Very meticulously made. Fits like a charm without any welding, drilling, or riveting. They're also a hell of a lot cheaper than the TEIN's. Another wonderful part of this design is the damper is specially tuned so that the hood doesn't shake and vibrate when it opens all the way. Other dampers I've seen cause the hood to open too quickly and it will vibrate. Awesome awesome product at a great price :sunny:

BTW, my hood is carbon fiber and it doesn't lift too fast or too hard.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2776581570/

Pix installed on my car

Got it from www.ixizconcept.com

·
Banned
1996 Impreza L 2.2l flat black
1,023 Posts
hey just saw your thread and that looks great and im looking for something just like this for cheap :)

·
Registered
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs
3,712 Posts
Just got mine and put them on. Pretty sweet but someone must have been sleeping while making them. The bracket that attached to the hood was off by a little. Had to sit there and file it down enough to annoy me. Then of course one started to strip but I fixed it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts