Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE as of 3/9/17

We just wanted to remind everyone that the IC Splitter Pre-Order ends tomorrow 3/10/17 at 9 PST so get in now to save 15%! ORDER HERE

We also have updated drawings with the changes for the GR splitter. The opening is much wider so we had to adjust the logo and vent design to accommodate, but everything is progressing nicely!
Upper is the setup for 04-07 STi and lower is 08-16 STi.

ORIGINAL POST

In our pursuit to build parts that bridge the gap between new and old, we are looking at doing an Intercooler Splitter with a Water Spray Nozzle for 98-01 hoods. The splitter will be designed to work with 2.0 WRX intercoolers, 04-07 STi intercoolers, and an option for a block off plate for front mount intercoolers.

Once you swap your GC, it’s critical to make sure the air is forced through the intercooler to maximize its effectiveness which translates to the engine making more power because of the colder air.

The base will be standard and the gaskets (WRX, STi, or block off) interchangeable so if you start with a WRX intercooler and upgrade to an STi or front mount you will only need to purchase one piece instead of the entire splitter which will save you money.

We are gauging interest in this part initially and will probably turn it into a group buy so that those who pre-order can get a discount. Expected retail price will be 199.99 plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing what a true to life 08+ unit looks like for our cars. Zerosports units don't do much for them.

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS+T 2001 Legacy GT
1,239 Posts
I need a splitter for my car but I don't know if one (OEM or otherwise) will fit with my phenolic spacers and BOV. BOV sticks up in to the hood scoop a little bit.

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me know if ya need a test bed!
Should be good, but I'll let you know!

I need a splitter for my car but I don't know if one (OEM or otherwise) will fit with my phenolic spacers and BOV. BOV sticks up in to the hood scoop a little bit.
Not sure if this will be a problem, but we can do a return if it doesn't fit. You can also send us pictures and we can make a guess.

·
Registered
94&93 vr4, 94 rx7, 98 2.5rs
356 Posts
Awesome! I have an 04-07 sti intercooler and bakemono high rise scoop which is higher than factory, but not nearly as tall as the sti scoops people put on these cars. I think it's equivalent to the MRT scoop that were once sold overseas. Any way the center divider could be made adjustable or taller so that it could be centered vertically in my scoop? Maybe 3 levels of holes. Bottom hole is stock scoop, middle row is high rise, top is sti style scoop. I don't care about the 08+ guys:p

I'd be willing to test fit as well.

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome! I have an 04-07 sti intercooler and bakemono high rise scoop which is higher than factory, but not nearly as tall as the sti scoops people put on these cars. I think it's equivalent to the MRT scoop that were once sold overseas. Any way the center divider could be made adjustable or taller so that it could be centered vertically in my scoop? Maybe 3 levels of holes. Bottom hole is stock scoop, middle row is high rise, top is sti style scoop. I don't care about the 08+ guys:p

I'd be willing to test fit as well.

Probably won't be able to make the center taller, just because that scoop is so rare, but definitely we'll let you know when we're ready for the group buy/pre-order.

·
Registered
94&93 vr4, 94 rx7, 98 2.5rs
356 Posts
Understandable. Well maybe we'd be able to work something out where you just sold me the bottom section and seal and I could bend and tack in a divider where I want it. My friend is a waterjet operator so I could have him cut me out a taller divider. I'd like to see how it looks installed with the scoop off the hood if you have any pics.

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Understandable. Well maybe we'd be able to work something out where you just sold me the bottom section and seal and I could bend and tack in a divider where I want it. My friend is a waterjet operator so I could have him cut me out a taller divider. I'd like to see how it looks installed with the scoop off the hood if you have any pics.
Sounds good. I don't have anymore pictures since we didn't want to move further in the project until we could get a gauge on demand. Should have some more in a couple weeks after we get the group buy going.

·
Registered
99'RS w/EJ205, 16'340i 13'Volt
969 Posts
YES!

I need a splitter, even though I have a mishimoto top mount. even with stock EJ205 intercooler/02WRX splitter, it fit like poop. So just having a properly mounted splitter on the 98-01 hood is an upgrade.

Count me in as sold regardless of what happens. If you need a test car or whatever, message or text me please.

:sunny:

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
YES!

I need a splitter, even though I have a mishimoto top mount. even with stock EJ205 intercooler/02WRX splitter, it fit like poop. So just having a properly mounted splitter on the 98-01 hood is an upgrade.

Count me in as sold regardless of what happens. If you need a test car or whatever, message or text me please.

:sunny:
Of course! We'll be posting up the pre-order today.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza WRX
63 Posts
Finally! The JDM one fits pretty bad with my s201 scoop and the STi top mount.. not bad fit I guess but limited flow.

Preordering now.

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hello Everyone,

We are now taking pre-orders for the iWire Intercooler Splitter with Water Spray Nozzle for 98-01 Hoods.

The splitter will be designed to work with 2002-2005 USDM 2.0 WRX intercoolers, 2004-2007 USDM STi intercoolers, and an option for a block off plate for front mount intercoolers.

We are starting to take preorders now. Expected retail price will be 199.99 plus shipping. For pre-ordering now you get the discounted price of $169.99 - a 15% savings! We plan to have the finished product in house sometime at the end of April to early May 2017.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

1 - 20 of 23 Posts