Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,231 Posts
Will these have a rubber gasket to go between the splitter and IC? Does the gasket seal to the fin area, or on the area surrounding the fins?

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP Coupe
1,770 Posts
I wonder how well these will work with something like the Grimmspeed IC? They come with a splitter specific for the Grimm, but for 02+.

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I wonder how well these will work with something like the Grimmspeed IC? They come with a splitter specific for the Grimm, but for 02+.
We've been wondering that too. Concern is going to be the thickness of aftermarket ICs like theirs. Surface are should be comparable.

·
Registered
99'RS w/EJ205, 16'340i 13'Volt
966 Posts
I didnt pre-order because these may not fit with my mishimoto TMIC. all good though, i will pay full price if it does fit. cant wait to swing by when they are ready.

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
UPDATE as of 4/12/17

The first revision has been test fitted. It's very close but we will do one more revision to ensure the perfect fit for your car. We are going to enlarge the opening at the top for an even more precise fit and adjust a few other small items related to hood fitment. Hopefully the next revision will be close enough we can go into production and get them out to you at the beginning of May as hoped.

For those who are using this for a JDM V7-9 application, the USDM STi fitment is going to be pretty good. The distance from front to back of the intercooler is a touch bigger but not enough to cause any issues.

·
Registered
Y2K GM6 & 65 'Stang Fastback
816 Posts
Are these ready yet??? I payed good money, I'm tired of waiting!!!

Lol, just playing bro, they look awesome, been waiting for something like this to come out for some time. Can't wait to take delivery!!

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Are these ready yet??? I payed good money, I'm tired of waiting!!!

Lol, just playing bro, they look awesome, been waiting for something like this to come out for some time. Can't wait to take delivery!!

We're working on it!

We sent out an email update last week, make you sure check your spam box. If you don't find it shoot me an email and I'll send it over.

Cliff notes are it's coming along nicely, but we need to do a 2nd revision before we can put them into production.

·
Registered
816 Posts
We're working on it!

We sent out an email update last week, make you sure check your spam box. If you don't find it shoot me an email and I'll send it over.

Cliff notes are it's coming along nicely, but we need to do a 2nd revision before we can put them into production.

I got the email, they are looking good. I have no problem waiting until it's perfect, I trust your judgement! Not sure if you answered this question, are they coming in any colors, I was hoping for a black one?!

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I got the email, they are looking good. I have no problem waiting until it's perfect, I trust your judgement! Not sure if you answered this question, are they coming in any colors, I was hoping for a black one?!
Glad you like it! As for Black, we are working on a solution for that. We'll probably do a small percentage of them in that color and it'll be a small extra charge for it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Glad you like it! As for Black, we are working on a solution for that. We'll probably do a small percentage of them in that color and it'll be a small extra charge for it.
Yeah, if black is available, let me know the extra cost and I will be sure to get that to you ASAP.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts