1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
iWire Intercooler Splitters are here!!

ORIGINAL POST

In our pursuit to build parts that bridge the gap between new and old, we are looking at doing an Intercooler Splitter with a Water Spray Nozzle for 98-01 hoods. The splitter will be designed to work with 2.0 WRX intercoolers, 04-07 STi intercoolers, and an option for a block off plate for front mount intercoolers.

Once you swap your GC, it’s critical to make sure the air is forced through the intercooler to maximize its effectiveness which translates to the engine making more power because of the colder air.

The base will be standard and the gaskets (WRX, STi, or block off) interchangeable so if you start with a WRX intercooler and upgrade to an STi or front mount you will only need to purchase one piece instead of the entire splitter which will save you money.

BUY YOURS TODAY!

·
Premium Member
2000 Impreza 2.5rs stm
259 Posts
So stoked for this, I was really not looking forward to hacking up a new factory splitter to fit my intercooler/hoop-scoop setup.

Can't wait!

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,244 Posts
Do you have any that will work with the 08 sti IC? That's what I'm using and it would require the splitter to run the full width...

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have any that will work with the 08 sti IC? That's what I'm using and it would require the splitter to run the full width...

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
We are in process of scrapping the 2.0 IC in favor of the 08+ IC. If you pre-order just make a note that you have that setup.

·
Registered
2001 2.5 rs black
151 Posts
Thanks for the fast response you can take my money now. I was looking at your website and saw so many great products I'm glad you are doing so well and thank you for keeping our community going. I also saw the radiator shroud where I ran into the problem of using one that didn't fit properly with a Mishimoto radiator and wrx swap and I wiggled the radiator causing it to get punctured by the head of a bolt. I noticed that it was mention to have been test fitted on the site and should work correct? Sorry for going off topic

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the fast response you can take my money now. I was looking at your website and saw so many great products I'm glad you are doing so well and thank you for keeping our community going. I also saw the radiator shroud where I ran into the problem of using one that didn't fit properly with a Mishimoto radiator and wrx swap and I wiggled the radiator causing it to get punctured by the head of a bolt. I noticed that it was mention to have been test fitted on the site and should work correct? Sorry for going off topic
Excellent and thank you for the compliment.

Yes the Mishimoto should work without any problems.

·
Registered
'00 2.5RS w/ WRX swap
71 Posts
Dang, missed the pre-order. Still - so awesome you're doing this! I've been searching for a proper splitter for a while, happy to pay the asking price :)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts