2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Table Of Contents:
x How I got it
x Whats been done so far
x plans for the future

Sponsers: me and my wife

Just bought a impreza for the first time. was a honda guy had a civic and crv, after my 4wd crv i decided i need to finally get a subaru the car i always wanted.
After searching craigslist for a couple months and seeing imprezas dissapear a day after posting i finally found mine. sent an email 30 minutes after it posted, was the first email they got followed by about 20 right after me to get the car. I got it for 3500 with 132k miles on it. AMAZING DEAL.

Totally stock w/ hubcaps and steelies when i got it. only thing wrong with it is
x missing windshield trim piece
x broken ash tray
x front bumper color didnt quite match up with the rest of the lower titanium pearl
x no timing belt done yet on it

this was the car when i just drove it home, amazingly clean for a great deal

This is the car right now

the things I have done to it so far
Maintanance
x timing belt, water pump,
x plugs and wires
x redline lightweight shockproof transmission fluid

Exterior
x v5/6 Front bumper
x DIY clear Corner Lights
x 6k Xenon kit
x 03 wrx rims powdercoated black
x 20% window tint all the way around
x took of side line vinyls

Suspension
x EBAY Front and Rear Strut Bars
x WRX 17mm rear sway bar

Performance/Engine
x 2003 WRX catback exhaust
x ganzflow style intake

Misc.
x Paranoid Fabrications grounding kit

Things I have but Didnt install yet
x Redline 75w 90 for rear diff
x RS side Skirts
x TD04 turbo
x WRX intercooler
x walbro 255lph fuel pump
x missinglink MAP sensor spacer
x wrx eibach lowering springs
x stock hubs to fix bad wheel bearing

Plans For the Future
x vortech fmu 12:1
x get custom up/downpipes made for turbo build
x install the turbo kit
x v6 replica front lip
x rear spats

Any Comments, Questions, please feel free!!!!

Attachments

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The Scion Wheels

First of all the reason i got them is because EVERYBODY that owns an OBS has wrx rims and i wanted something different. turned out looking better than i expected.

the second reason: So i found a guy that was looking for some christmas money so was selling his scion wheels and tires for dirt cheap,
i traded him my steel wheels and hubcaps and 100 dollars for his scion wheels and tires.

they werent direct fit unfortunantly, the center hub hole was to small for the hub nut, the centercaps said scion (worst part), and they also needed special lugnuts to fit

Sorry i like lists this is what we did

x i ordered lug nuts for a 91 nissan 300zx (they are identical to scion lugs but fit the subaru thread)
x bored out the center hole using a drill and round grinder bit (Big PITA with the cheap old drill we had available)
x screwed up one of my lugs in the process and needed a new one
x grinded down the scion center cap to make it clear then ordered subaru centercap stickers for them.

stock rims with scion logo

the car jacked up without wheels when we went to trade wheels

us doing the work

test fit

right after install, shook and drove terribly before we installed the 300zx lug nuts. thought it was alignment or balance but those turned out to be good.

the centercaps stickers that i ordered online. makes the rim look a lot better. lol notice that there is no lug nut on the bottem, thats the lug we messed up before buying 300zx lugs (trying to make something else work)

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
went to the beach with my wife the other day

thought i was stuck for a second, then put it in reverse and pulled right out. gotta love awd lol

need to do something about the amber blinker should i paint it red or tint it black or go JDM?

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
oh yeah and after buying my car i bought my wife an 09 impreza

were now a 2 subaru family

and here are my xenons

HEY FOR US THIS IS A TON OF SNOW HERE IN SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON LOL

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ordered RS Front Bumper, and fog lights yesterday. cant wait for them to come in!! also getting some clear bumper lights from GeronimoRS. Thanks,

hopefully i get all the parts in about a week and have some decent weather to get em installed!!!

pics will be up when i get them

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys. ill check out your rides to. yeah the crv just got bad gas mileage after the lift so i sold it other then that i loved that car. and it was a stick to! good to see that there are some locals on the site

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks! been considering what color to sell them. i think once they stop making me work 12's ill get on photoshop and make some mock ups and post them up to see what people think of different colors of scion rims.

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ordered kartboy foglight mounts for my rs bumper thats coming in. does anybody have experience with blinglight impreza rs foglights? will they mount to the kartboy mounts??

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what color to make my wheels???
tell me, i made some cheesy phone photoshop pics tell me what you all think
original

OPTIONS:

tell me what you think

1 - 20 of 211 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.