Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after so much waiting and searching, ive finally found one in my area.
Im Giving you guys the link, because i want all the information before i talk to the man.

http://ithaca.craigslist.org/ctd/832737092.html

Ive got some questions for you guys.

5500$. Sounds like a good price. is it?

What should I ask him?

How should I propose an offer?

Should I try haggling for a lower price?

Is there anything I should be looking/ listening for if/ when i test drive it?

If there are any questions you guys can think of please, tell me.

ANY and All help would be greatly appreciated.

And some prayer as well, that im able to get this.

Thanks sooo much!!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. Its an Upstate New York Car. Is that something i should be concerned about? should that factor into the price? I know it should, but how much?

·
Registered
2002 2.5RS BRP
2,393 Posts
listen for whistling wheel bearings and/or CV joints, if you smell anything, point it out and don't let the guy say "oh it's nothing", cuz it's something.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, it is a manual, and he got it on a trade in. I wanted to ask about the head gasket thing, cuz i didnt know if he would know about that.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what would that whistling be indicative of? and what would a smell possibly indicate?
listen for whistling wheel bearings and/or CV joints, if you smell anything, point it out and don't let the guy say "oh it's nothing", cuz it's something.

·
Registered
Miatamiatamiata
2,707 Posts
check all the fluids, if there's oil in the coolant, coolant in the oil, or greenish white crust around where the heads connect to the block, there's a HG problem.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS
3 Posts
I got my 2000 2.5rs just a few months ago from a private seller for $5200. He wanted $6000 but he needed to sell it to get his new truck for work. BUT I did have to buy new tires, brakes, rotors, and half shaft..which wasnt cheap but still worth it. Looks good though. Mine only had 115k miles when I bought it though...

·
Premium Member
'01 RSTi
660 Posts
Looks like a good deal.

Definitely check the fluids before even starting it, look at the rust, and look at the frame in detail. I always jack up cars I'm thinking of buying to give it a good look :)

Yes, I bring jacks to dealerships

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
03 350z for now
491 Posts
Wow. No one mentioned Carfax at all? I'd do that shit first, then go and look at it (if its far away from you that is). Do what ylfotevoli said too, examine the hell out of it.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT Wagon
1,021 Posts
Wow. No one mentioned Carfax at all? I'd do that shit first, then go and look at it (if its far away from you that is). Do what ylfotevoli said too, examine the hell out of it.
carfax is crap it almost never tells you anything. It couldn't hurt to get one but don't trust it to tell you everything. Keep an eye out for overspray, it'll point out if any work has been done. Also check the bolts on the body pannels for wear. If they had to be replaced they might even be a different color.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts