Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad bad Rodknock, blown headgasket, valvetap..
Subaru wants $4-5k for repairs... :(
Scott says $1500motor from octagon spares and one day to swap the two:)
I am not posting this on i-club because they will make of me.. people over there are jerks... :mad:

--Brian

P.S. Used Kidney for sale, very low abuse, 17years on it... make me an offer..

·
Registered
108 Posts
What are you going to do now. Can you at least sell the car for parts and pick up something used. Let me know if you are parting out with anything, I might be interested.

I'm sorry to hear that dude, sucks big time. :(

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
From my inexperienced walnut brain, it may be a lot better to get another motor swapped in. If you're doing that, make sure you work the internals now (cams, lighter pistons, etc.), because it's easier to work on an engine when it's not in the car.

Sell your kidney before you start buying your engine internals.;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New motor will be in by early november. Steve was trying to convince to do a WRX swap.. but the EJ20 has no torque, and I'd need a ECU, wiring harness etc.

Don't have the money to do internals right now.. I knew that motor would blow sometime, NEVER turbo a car with 93k miles on it...
I can still limp around town, but Can't really do highway driving..

want to hear a joke?
knock-knock..

--Brian

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what? headgasket? or rod?
the tech said the coolant was gushing out after the engine was fully warmed and put under slight load, so it has to be a headgasket. They did'nt rip apart the motor..

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Rhdude,

Man that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences...

·
Registered
2000 2.5 sedan
93 Posts
that sucks brian. That specific kit is cursed man....killed two RS's, but look at steves car now.......what the matter with a usdm wrx motor swap? I've definitly been considering doing that if anything lately after talking to RimRockaz on the i-club.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its not the kit, it was my motor... *note to self*- don't turbo a car with 93k miles on it... and the guy who had the car before me, had it for 54k miles and only changed the oil like 2-3 times... thats what subaru told me a while back when I had the blown cam and crank seals replaced... I knew that motor was fucked...
as for the EJ20T swap, I'd need a ECU(4EAT), wiring harness, motor... I don't have that kind of money laying around...

·
Registered
2013 SCION FRS WHITEOUT
638 Posts
damn brian. that sux @$$. i hope u get some money soon to fix it. oh and i'd like to offer 1 dollar for the kidney.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
eh, I'm supposed to get the motor this weekend but Octagon Spares was only open like one hour yesterday, and none today. I have to pick it up on a weekend because I need my mom's explorer to transport the motor in... ARGH... Joey and I are supposed to swap them next weekend, so looks like I will have to pick it up next Saturday extremely early, and come home and do the swap...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Damn I'm sorry to hear that its dead. At least you found a more realistic price for a replacement motor.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys!!!

BTW... Kidney is still up for sale.. starting bid is 5quarts of Mobil1 Synthetic... :happynow: kidney will be removed with either a spoon, or a spork... buyer chooses.. ;)

---Brian

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll only take the kidney if I can pull it out "ninja" style with my bare hands :lol:

When is the date scott is doing the swap? I'd like to come down to help/learn/see the master in action. Let me know.

Must swap tranny at the same time.

Bob

·
Registered
56 Posts
Maybe we should have a "Private Organs 'For Sale' Classifieds" and a "Group Buy Organs Classifieds".

And I suppose RS25 can charge $100 bucks to those who want Organ Vendor status...

:roflmao:

gone

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:lol: :lol: :lol: want my spleen too???

Bob- The swap is actually happening this weekend, w/o Scott :(
I was right down the street from your house today too ;) .. I think you know where... They have tons of broke-ass scoobies there... have you seen that viper? damn, i think those people must of died in that crash...
Anyways, picked up a EJ25D out of a '98 Forester w/ 35k miles on it for $1500... they want my broken motor back..

oh... I also got a PAIR.. yes, a PAIR or WRX seats for $300... clean, like-new.. with airbags(but I can't use them)... yes... $300.. :)
I will be buying a new hoodscoop and MY99 headlights from them pretty soon...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Who's doing the swap then? And is it returning to turbo status? AND did your mom pay for the engine? ;) :lol:

I've seen the viper. They must have cleaned that accident up with a mop. Did you get to see the intact one(93 GTS Blue and White for $50k), or any of the Ferrari's or old mercedes? The guy has one hell of a collection. Check their website.

Make sure you have the airbags removed or rendered completely non functional (not just disconnected). A static discharge is enough to set off one of those things, should it arc across the right terminals.

Bob

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You gonna take the air bags out of the seats? They weigh them down a good amount from my understanding. But then again your a stick so it might not matter.

Buster

Sorry to hear about your motor, I offer 2 dollars for a pinky finger.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts