1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my rex..... (over a year ago)

Side view of rex before mods........

Rex as she is now..........

There are lots of STI styling goodies to gon and more horse power to be gained (est around 280 atm) I want to get over 300 so watch this space

Cheers

Michelle

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Looks good! Hows come the antenna is on the wrong side?:D

Just kiddin....I like that hood..er, bonnet! I wouldn't have to switch headlights with that one!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Storm said:

Just kiddin....I like that hood..er, bonnet! I wouldn't have to switch headlights with that one!
LOL, thanks :D

The hood is staying out though ;)

I am sure there are plenty of places inthe UK you could pick up a pre97 hood from.......

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Storm said:

Sheesh, I was more worried about why the steering wheel was on the wrong side!:p Looking good, I really wish we had gotten the WRX before the new bodystyle:( And is that the stock hood? It almost looks like it doesn't have the creases in it that go through the vents like ours do. Is that because it's an older model, and the hood wasn't shaped like that? And are those the hood vents that are like louvers, or are they something else? Manual or automatic (oh, man, please say manual!) So many questions, so many questions!:p :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HondaH8er said:

Sheesh, I was more worried about why the steering wheel was on the wrong side!:p Looking good, I really wish we had gotten the WRX before the new bodystyle:( And is that the stock hood? It almost looks like it doesn't have the creases in it that go through the vents like ours do. Is that because it's an older model, and the hood wasn't shaped like that? And are those the hood vents that are like louvers, or are they something else? Manual or automatic (oh, man, please say manual!) So many questions, so many questions!:p :D
THat is the stock hood, it is different because it is the MY94 WRX.
What are louvers???? The hood vents have blanking plates underneath they are just for show.
She is a manual beast with a 0-60 of.........wait for it.........4.6ish seconds :D

·
13 Years of RS
5,532 Posts
Little Miss WRX said:

THat is the stock hood, it is different because it is the MY94 WRX.
What are louvers???? The hood vents have blanking plates underneath they are just for show.
She is a manual beast with a 0-60 of.........wait for it.........4.6ish seconds :D
Ah, see, I don't get to see the older WRX's much, so I wasn't sure if that was the stock hood or not. I just knew it looked different than my hood. And by louvers, I've seen these vents that had lots of slats in there, arranged in the same direction as the 22B, so I though maybe you had those, and the pic made it look more sollid. Guess not! And you do 0-60 in 4.6, but still want to add more power? Do you have any plans of moving to the States, by any chance?:D

·
Registered
2000 2.5 sedan
93 Posts
Am i the only one that thinks the car does not flow well together. I guess its the weird hood, grill, rims, bumper, and door handles that make it look like a american L edition converted over. Dont get me wrong, you can smoke a shit load of people, but i would have to say i think visually a american RS looks a helluva lot better

·
13 Years of RS
5,532 Posts
Well, it's a MY94 JDM WRX, so that's why it looks like an older model L, that's the body it was based on. And I've heard that the loder WRX's had black doorhandles from the factory, and everything but the rims on that car is factory, as far as I know/can tell. Am I right Miss WRX?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey 'Chelle, have you decided to keep the beast? I seem to remember some rumblings over on Scoobynet about selling it...

Looks too good to give up! :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HondaH8er said:
Well, it's a MY94 JDM WRX, so that's why it looks like an older model L, that's the body it was based on. And I've heard that the loder WRX's had black doorhandles from the factory, and everything but the rims on that car is factory, as far as I know/can tell. Am I right Miss WRX?
In the first two piccies the car is completely standard apart from a Japanese performance exhaust.

In the more recent piccie, she has no front grill and is riding on 17" P1 anthracites with GAB suspension that has lowered it a little bit.
I have loads of styling bits to go on and am considering completely upgrading th efront end.

Mike M she is gonna have to go soon unfortunately, but that'll mean I will be able to afford the STI I want :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
470 Posts
Michelle - Will you marry me??? I'll move over there and get a job so don't worry about me free loading off you. :)

Just don't tell my girlfriend..."uh...honey, I'm uh being transferred to the UK & I'll be living with my friend Michelle um...Michael...yeah that's it..." :lol:

-mykr.™

·
Registered
126 Posts
Michelle, just how many marriage proposals do you receive in a given week? Must make you feel quite desirable! ;) :lol:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ah you know, you get used to it after a while ;)

A lot less than you think LOL, must be the fact that I live in the UK, makes me less desirable ;) :p :D :lol:

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
If you do decide to upgrade/update the front end, I'd be interested in that bumper. I wouldn't even dream of trying to bring the whole car over.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts