Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:nuetron: while this smilie is named "nuetron" (incorrect spelling, btw) it is clearly an electron orbiting the nuclear smilie. really, this is the kind of low-brow crap i would expect on the i-club or clubsi, but come-on, not here! i think the RS club sould be taken over violently by chemists.

:happynow:

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
You're calling me an idiot? Watchit! I might make a special smilie called 10thWarrior that is some buck-toothed hillbilly. :curse:

H

·
0 Posts
Speaking of low-brow intelligence...

(this is the second time I'm bringing it up!)

The "Johhny Law" forum should be renamed "Johnny Law"

do it now:curse:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Jeff obviously thinks he's very smart with this post, but as we all know, the SMILIE ITSELF is the neutron, the proton is hiding behind it (and is smaller due to the lesser mass of the proton compared to the neutron), and the electron is orbiting.

Calling the smilie NEUTRON is perfectly appropriate, for that is exactly what our little happy face is.

WHATCHA GOT NOW, TOUGH GUY? EH? EH?

/oops, thought I was in Fight Club for a minute... lol

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Calling the moderator an "idtiot" ain't going to work wonders around here anyway.

I'm going to leave it the way it is just to annoy all you English majors and prove that I can neither spell nor do I care.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Porker said:
the proton is hiding (and is smaller due to the lesser mass of the proton compared to the neutron),
Hey, Porter, speak for yourself! Your Proton might be small, and you may need to hide it... But my Proton is the biggest on this board...

[JOCK SPEAK]Yeah Baby![/JOCK SPEAK] gives round of high fives.

-Silas, I'm proud of my Proton

H

·
0 Posts
RS25.com said:
Calling the moderator an "idtiot" ain't going to work wonders around here anyway.

I'm going to leave it the way it is just to annoy all you English majors and prove that I can neither spell nor do I care.

Twitch, twitch!:biggest:

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RS25.com said:
You're calling me an idiot? Watchit! I might make a special smilie called 10thWarrior that is some buck-toothed hillbilly. :curse:
do what you want, just don't put me in time out like imprezer did :barf:

porter-you need to brush up on your chemistry. you were wise to include a proton in your little "explanation", but if you only had one proton and one electron, you would not need a neutron. hence, there is no element with only one neutron. H=0, He=2. don't make me get periodic table on your ass! perhaps if you weren't a southern hick, you'd know such things. :boxer:

H

·
0 Posts
He's pretty much right. Atomic mass of H is 1.009amu, He is 4.003amu.
proton weighs 1.00728amu
neutron weighs 1.00894amu
electron weighs 0.0005414amu

(and yeah, sadly enough, I do have a periodic table sitting in front of me, and a chem book)

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
horatio102 said:
neutron weighs 1.00894amu
So is HE spelling NUETRON wrong, too? So just the TWO of us don't know how to spell? Huh? Huh? Come on buddy, lemme know... :p

H

·
0 Posts
Um. Excuse me sir. I don't typo, so you guys must be wrong. :D

No really. It's neutron in my Chem book. Neutron on dictionary.com. Neutron in my butt.

Get with the program you false-spelling-nerds!:boxer:

Go ahead and try to find nuetron on dictionary.com

Make my day!:stupid:

H

·
0 Posts
Hey wait. He changed the name of the smilie. It doesn't matter anymore.
neutron is the right spelling. I think the complaint was that the smilie was named nuetron.gif

So like. um. What are YOU talking about James?

:biggest:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts