Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Don't worry if you've got this far then your braver then I am. Once you get it running you'll probably say your going after some Chalak gears for it or something. It never stops you know.

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI, 08 SpecB
144 Posts
BlowOffValve you know that thing Clayton does to you when he needs to borrow a tool :biggest:

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
Damn, that wiring looks like a nightmare. What's that big connector? Something you made/bought or something that was on the car?

·
Registered
05 LGT limited
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's part of the WRX wiring that gets cut out.

·
Registered
09 Legacy spec.B + 01 2.5RS
476 Posts
why

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but why would anyone swap a WRX engine into an RS? The price difference between the two cars is not all that signifigant when compared to the cost and labor involved in swapping the engine into the RS?

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
Re: why

si said:
Perhaps this is a stupid question, but why would anyone swap a WRX engine into an RS? The price difference between the two cars is not all that signifigant when compared to the cost and labor involved in swapping the engine into the RS?
You are forgetting, sir, that there was a previous generation of RSs that were available before the WRX and EJ20 existed in the US. These cars are collectively known as the GC8s which many of the users of this forum have. Now if we are talking about the current generation/bodystyle, then I might have to agree with you.

·
Registered
1999 RS Coupe Aspen White
313 Posts
What are you going to do about your control arms...

did you put the stock RS ones? or the wrx ones?

Cause I believe the wrx control arm's link that attaches to the crossmember is narrower in width than the RS one.

???

Kevin

·
Registered
05 LGT limited
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually, the WRX arm is wider at the attachment point, but it's an easy fix... all I am going to say about it is there are several small mods that have to be made to various parts.

·
Registered
05 LGT limited
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IT'S DONE!!!!

:D :biggest: :burnout: :sunny: :) :cool:

and wow is it fast! :yikes: :eek:

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
yamarocket630 said:
Actually, the WRX arm is wider at the attachment point, but it's an easy fix... all I am going to say about it is there are several small mods that have to be made to various parts.
Very nice, I wish I had the money and time to do that to my car. Planning any other mods yet?

But anyway, I was gonna ask you what are some of the small mods that need to be done? I've been considering doing the swap (as a project/for fun) for a while now and I'm trying to collect as much info on it as possible.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts