Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ike was a PITA here in Lake Charles, but the subie wasn't having it. It got me to my home even when FOUR seperate hickbillies in diesel and jacked up trucks told me "You aint gonna make it (smug looks) there aint no way that little car is going there" One guy even stepped out of his jacked up truck and highly exaggerated how high the water was, showing above his knee. He even said there was water in his truck. :wtf: I seriously think some of them were too pussy to even try since the suby didn't even sniffle. Besides, the water didn't even make it to the door sill. :) Here are a couple of pics of streets I had to travel to reach my place and one crappy camera "video" with no sound. One guys (in a late 90's dodge dually pulling a trailer) that told me not to even try was still sitting in the same place when I was on my way back, I just waved and smiled. He didn't even try, lol. Feel free to flame, my car is bone dry and all I had to do was pull the plug wires when I got back to my friend's home to make sure there was no water. :) I love subarus!

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h246/2slofouru/?action=view&current=P9140017.flv

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h246/2slofouru/?action=view&current=P9140037.flv

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h246/2slofouru/?action=view&current=P9140039.flv

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
damn, that's ballsy. how deep did it get?

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It got deeper than the door in a couple of places but only for a few seconds, I knew where the dips in the road were, and where it was highest. The pickup (and a couple of cars) in the second vid gave up and turned around on that street, lol. I kept going, knew it was shallower right ahead of where they turned off. I don't live as far south as Cameron for example, but several of the homes in my area had over a foot inside. I luckily have a raggedy trailer, lol. No water damage ftw! :) And I can't believe it stood up to ANOTHER big one, Rita actually gave me a little damage.
I'm changing the diff, transmission, and engine oil tonight or tomorrow.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h246/2slofouru/?action=view&current=P9140038.flv

·
Registered
99 impreza rs 2.5 black
870 Posts
Thats awesome you made it. A Subaru passing a Hummer in that. I hate it when they stop in front of you. Floods alot down here.

edit: just watched last video and thats alot of flooding

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder if the links work when I email them? I clicked on them from my sent email folder to see if they work and all they do is bring me to my logged in page. ?

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well for your driving habitat I would advise against getting a injen CAI.
Haha, yeah. Definately stock for sure

lol i got some pics from around my place here in houston
I bet! You guys got a lot of water, was yours more from rain or surge? Ours was from surge, we hardly got any rain?!?!?!

that is so extreme...
It kind of is considering I'm dropped on tanabe gf210 springs, lol. Would have been more kewl if it had been a proper video camera with sound. I plan on getting one very soon, never know when I'll need it next

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Haha, those coveralls are hilarious. :) The gulf coast (we) seriously needs a break from these bastard hurricanes

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Bump because I'm trying to find out if clicking my photobucket links allows everyone to see every photo in my account. I noticed when clicking on the links here on rs25 at work, that it allows me to run through all of the other pics I have, even without logging in. I don't have any bad stuff there, but I just want the video to play and nothing else. Anyone know how to do that?

·
Registered
1993 Impreza wagon AWD
450 Posts
I can't find a video, but there was a flood on the news a few years ago in Cleveland and it was covered on the news. The reporter said something like, "No one is getting by on these roads," and just then, a Subaru drove by. Then the reporter says, "except for that car."

My parents called me right after they saw it. It's things like that that make a Subaru, a Subaru.

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Yeah dude I was able to search your entire photobucket. I just hit view album and there it all was

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haha exactly. I wasn't too worried as long as the snorkel was above water. Some people's vehicles are so crappy they worry about water splashing on the engine and killing it... what a joke. We were watching local news and the reporters were saying "normal (gasoline) vehicles need to stay out of the water, only heavy duty diesel pickups will be able to make it.. " I was like :_sure: what a bunch of douches. And they showed some regular diesel ford pickups riding in water then showed a couple of gasoline pickups from a different clip turning around when coming up to some WAY deep water. Way to go reporter douche, you REALLY proved something with your lame comparison. The diesel trucks were going through relatively shallow water (like I was) while they showed the gasoline trucks avoiding a totally different (probably about 3 feet deep) section of road. It was just local government trying to scare locals into staying off the roads so repair people could get things done. The amazing part is most people believe that crap.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah dude I was able to search your entire photobucket. I just hit view album and there it all was
I wonder if that's just normal or if there's a way to only allow the video to play? Not a real big deal but still doesn't seem right

1 - 20 of 34 Posts