Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i SE
26 Posts
I think it is safe to throw up now, right?

~Clinton

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,262 Posts
can he really "tagg" other people w/ them bull bars?

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
An intercooled NA 2.2, because it was plenty fast without the turbo? So sad....

·
OG GC
MY00 BRP RS...still adding to
4,471 Posts
What?!? I totally dig that!! That front just screams Bo and Luke Duke!! :lol:
...and that rear bumper... :run:

·
Registered
2004 Silver Subaru Impreza RS
231 Posts
Wtf?!!?

MyBluFlameRS said:
What?!? I totally dig that!! That front just screams Bo and Luke Duke!! :lol:
...and that rear bumper... :run:

I was thinking more along the lines of Mad Max... Beyond the Thunderdome.

Seriously, I do drugs... I want to know exactly what these clowns were smoking when they came up with the project concept for this car?

And for those that want to offroad this crap... its on AIRBAGS, its slammed. It can do the see saw and pancake= hit 1 tiny pebble or twig and the suspension will bottom out in no time flat, worse then blowing all 4 struts at the same time I'd bet.

I LOVE this part "it is very reliable and has made recent long distance trips to Sebring from West Palm Beach". First off, Sebring... mapquested is 113 miles (I'm rounding up). That is NOT my definition of long distance... and by the looks of the work... "reliable" is a word that should not be associated with it.

But reading between the lines... what exactly does that last quote mean? That this stupid shop barely got it to the road course in Sebring... flogged the shit out of it on the track, found out that their uber-godlike airbag suspension idea only works in LowRider Magazine or MiniTruckin'... and have decided to pass on whatever they broke to some sucker. The presence of a roll cage only adds to my suspicion that this car was driven extremely hard by idiots for a prolonged period of time... chassis flex anyone?

Props on the Memphis amp... those put out clean power. Directed X12 Subs... wtf? I know Directed bought Precision Power, but that doesn't mean that Directed Subs are of anything to write home about.

Custom 5 1/4 speakers in the front? I have 6.5's in my RS... but its an '04. Good luck seeing any kind of midbass from that. The sound stage has to be HORRIBLE- the 6x9's would overwhelm the fronts EASY.

What seals the deal though.... "and the locks work". There goes my idea for collecting insurance by leaving the car wide open.

Seriously, what is it with the SoFLa Impreza's that show up on ebay looking 3 shades of shit?

Now I'm not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination... but what kind of sense would there be to have an intercooled N/A motor? Wouldn't the movement of air through unnecessary plumbing have a negative effect on the motor? Oh and the seller can't quite decide if its a 1.8 or a 2.2... that exudes the kind of confidence and expertise that just makes me want to throw down my cash!

OMFG I just looked at the pic with the sound system... I think a blind retard installed that. Looks uglier than homemade sin. Please CARPET THE sub box!!!

I also would like to know which idiot thought it would be clever to put hood pins on a stock hood? Was it for the 10 mental horsepower?

They should just total the damn car and put that Impreza out of its misery. I'll shed a tear.

·
Registered
95 RHD WRX
1,799 Posts
This is like the 3rd or 4th thread on this lol. Still an amusing read.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Did you guys read the Q & A?

Question & Answer Answered On
Q: So why is it exactly that you felt the need to put an intercooler on a NON-TURBO car? It doesn't do anything, other than make you look like an ignorant...more May-22-07
A: IM GOING TO POST THIS UP SO EVERYONE CAN SEE WHO THE IGNORANT JACKASS IS.real smart.....

I really would LOVE to hear his arguement about intercooling a non-turbo car...

·
Registered
1999 Silverthorn Impreza RS
165 Posts
I send him a few reasonable questions. Looks like his 'WRX front clip' consists of a steel hood and he claims he even swapped the fenders. Despite the listed milage of 60,000 he says there is over 120,000 on the chassis.

I should ask him if it has a tapped oilpan or any engine management from the reported turbo they had :(

·
Registered
414 Posts
NeverSeen said:
Did you guys read the Q & A?

Question & Answer Answered On
Q: So why is it exactly that you felt the need to put an intercooler on a NON-TURBO car? It doesn't do anything, other than make you look like an ignorant...more May-22-07
A: IM GOING TO POST THIS UP SO EVERYONE CAN SEE WHO THE IGNORANT JACKASS IS.real smart.....

I really would LOVE to hear his arguement about intercooling a non-turbo car...
You're welcome. I thought about harrassing them some more, like pointing out it was never turbo, like they claim it was. This car never came with a turbo and if you have ever turbocharged a car you would know it's not "easily put back" as they also claim. Fucking shady ass scammers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts