Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was crusing cars.com and stumbled upon a brief ad for a subaru impreza. A call and 30 minute drive later I had a 1995 Subaru Impreza L in my hands. The whole way home I'm wondering if I have it in me to do this again....

It's got the grey interior, aegean blue/green, 5sp.

What do I do? I bought this so I could sell my 1997 Honda civic and slip out of my loan. My last debt, I'll be debt free if I sell it.

I enjoy the mindless driving of the civic since I deliver pizzas part time. I'm pretty sure I can't keep my hand off the impreza if I keep it, basically I'll be wasting cash on it.

I'm not sure what to do. I only bought it to become debt free and have a better car for winter. Although I'm thinking a set of snow tires with the civic would be a better bet.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2002 2.5RS BRP
2,393 Posts
this is a better DD, better in the winter, and not a honduh :). You just caught a break and have a great opportunity to get your finances straight, do it!

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Yeah, I agree. Just gotta learn to control your finances and not go mod crazy :p
Yep. I know it sucks, but I do it all the time. Honestly there's just as much, if not more, that you could do with the Civic. Think of the huge aftermarket for those. Yeah yeah yeah, "Honduh" and all of that crap... but a well-modified/tuned Honda is a thing of beauty. They really do make fantastic cars. Then you get companies like Comptech or Mugen, who have great cred with Honda, sort of like Prodrive is to Subaru.

If selling the Civic will eliminate your debt, and the Impreza won't hurt it, then the answer is obvious. Boot the Civic. :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the thing, I wouldn't touch the honda at all. It's just a daily driver.

If I take on the Impreza I have a feeling I will be tempted to add a few things to it. Plus I would be missing power locks, windows and cruise control.

Don't know what to do..... I'm seriously thinking about which to keep.

-Cybin

·
Registered
04jbp STi, 93L+01 RS, 08 zx10R
478 Posts
How old are you? If you're under a certain age, its good to have a car with power nothing. But if you've already owned a power nothing for a good amount of time, an upgrade wouldn't hurt, and you would appreciate power accessories a bit more.

If you will slip your debt by selling the civic, and keeping the suby, the choice is obvious, you just have to show some restraint with the suby until it quits out on you or you sell it, and upgrade to a better dd.

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
That's the thing, I wouldn't touch the honda at all. It's just a daily driver.

If I take on the Impreza I have a feeling I will be tempted to add a few things to it. Plus I would be missing power locks, windows and cruise control.

Don't know what to do..... I'm seriously thinking about which to keep.

-Cybin
Sell the Civic, man, and just practice some restraint. :) We paid off our credit cards about 18 months ago.... You've no idea how tempting it is to just run to Area1320 or ECS and say "swap it." But that isn't exactly smart, nor prudent.

Debt sucks dude, keep the car that costs less. No power accessories stinks a little, but it's not the end of the world. I didn't have cruise until my RS, I think, and it's my fifth car.

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L & 1997 OBS
2,258 Posts
good for you. NOW SWAP IT!!! j/k. id just buy a cheap set of wheels and get some blizzaks and leave it like that.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Totally, Looking for some OEM 15" wheels with some new tires.

I'm going to save up and in the spring time start looking for a newer suby, or maybe I'll build that Version III I've always wanted.

It's nice to be back...
-Cybin

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
awd manual + proper snow tires = delivering pizza's to pikes peak

FWD auto + snow tires = call a scooby to pull you out on a steep hill.

Get some tires, and you should save up the $40 or so to put on a rear sway bar. Power locks and windows are overrated, and you can add cruise control pretty easily. I know, I did.

·
Banned
1994 Aegean L, 1998 Panda!
718 Posts
awd manual + proper snow tires = delivering pizza's to pikes peak

FWD auto + snow tires = call a scooby to pull you out on a steep hill.

Get some tires, and you should save up the $40 or so to put on a rear sway bar. Power locks and windows are overrated, and you can add cruise control pretty easily. I know, I did.

Welcome back dude!

Can't you also just basically swap door cards and hardware to get electric windows and locks? Can be done for <$100 if you look for a minute.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts